Rihannsu
# 41
10-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Am I the only one getting 400 errors on the pictures of [redacted]?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 42
10-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerxhyper View Post
yeah does feel like it but then again it could be where u fight promethius in "sea" and yes i am a old school ffXI vet to odin shard ^_~
Haha right on. I'm from Garuda. But yeah it could totally be Al'taieu (Sea) as well. Ro'Maeve, Ru'Aun, and Al'taieu were all built by the Zilart after all. Same with the crags, Delkfutt's Tower, etc. The architecture is unmistakable. I totally love it though.

Ohoho that's it isn't it? The Dyson Sphere was built by the Zilart. By Altana, it all makes sense now.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

Last edited by lan451; 10-21-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Captain
# 43
10-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stomperx99 View Post
I wonder if the Voth created the Borg... Think about it, they're both Transwarp Capable, they both have very large ships, and they both have neural circuitry (I think...), and we have never seen an assimilated Voth before.
Ehm... that would be the most uninspired Origin story for the Borg I can imagine.
There are zero connections. Transwarp is a technology like every other. Only a few species are advanced enough to field it.
Was the Federation created by the Borg because they have Transwarp, too? Nonsense.

Neural ciruitry? There isn't only one species in existence with that tech. So again, no argument to be found here.

And no assimilated Voth?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Unnamed_Voth

There are no hints at all.

Last edited by xiaoping88; 10-21-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Rihannsu
# 44
10-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Am I the only one getting 400 errors on the pictures of [redacted]?
Try clearing cookies, just PerfectWorld cookies and should be now fixed.

Apparently this been reported over a year that sites ceased to function correctly after a while, clearing returns normal functionality.

And this is why I will never, ever install ARC, they cannot even get a website to work right.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Captain
# 45
10-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0kami87 View Post
Three) in the novels that explain the Borg existence the people that created the Borg where dieing of a plague. One scientist was using foreign technology to try to treat the sickness in controlled ships orbiting their planet. The first Borg and thus Borg queen was that persons daughter. None of that species exist anymore, they all were forcefully assimilated into the first collective.
What novel did that come from? I would love to read about the Borg's origins.
Lt. Commander
# 46
10-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
I wonder if the Voth created the Borg... Think about it, they're both Transwarp Capable, they both have very large ships, and they both have neural circuitry (I think...), and we have never seen an assimilated Voth before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Captain
# 47
10-21-2013, 03:15 PM
To me it looks good. Love how you got different areas for different events. Looking forward to trying it out.
Rihannsu
# 48
10-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
I will spoil it for you.

Humans.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Lt. Commander
# 49
10-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post

There's a good half dozen or so different Borg origin stories according to the novels, comics, and a game or two. Most of them are pretty silly, in my opinion, especially the recent Destiny series with their deus ex machina of an ending.

That particular origin story comes from the manga books, however. It's from the story "Side Effects" in the Shinsei Shinsei volume. Each story in the handful of manga volumes turned out were usually done by a different author and artist, some of Star Trek renown, and are worth looking into for the unique independent tales.

As far as Borg origin stories go, I'll go with the more mysterious insinuation that the Borg are loosely related to V'ger through a common "ancestry," some ancient machine race out there in the great, black deep (also insinuated in the relatively recent Nero backstory comics). This does not count the Shatnerverse origin story of V'ger being rebuilt BY the Borg or the Legacy game's origin story of the Borg being created as probes by V'ger.
Ensign
# 50
10-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:

Like how the Q might be Ascended/Evolved Iconians

Section 31
[Joseph Steel] [Jennifer Steel] [Dredd Steel] [Kenzi Steel] [Shira Steel] [Alexandria Rose] [K'emb'ah Steel] [Karnak Steel] [Kacy Steel] [Venom Steel] [Areli Steel]