Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
((UPDATE: 11/7 @ 5:12pm PDT))

Hello Captains!

Now that the schedule has been posted, I can confirm the time and location we will meet-up on Sunday

DATE: This Sunday, November 10, 2013
TIME: 5pm OR when Robert Beltran gets off stage (whichever is later, but it should be by 5pm sharp)
WHERE: Outside the entrance to the Cascades Lounge, Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport (location of the Con; hotel staff can direct you if you get lost)
OTHER: After we all meet up at the entrance to the Lounge, we'll decide if we want to stay there or migrate somewhere else. We'll hang around the Lunge until 5:30pm sharp to make sure everyone found us. The meet-up will last a couple hours, give or take.

Reminder: Everyone will need to pay for their own expenses.

Hope to see you all there!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

==============

Hi Captains,

As some of you may know, the STO Dev team is located in the Bay Area of Northern California AND the Star Trek San Francisco convention is coming up next month (November 8-10, 2013). I would love to plan a casual STO meet-up where interested players and devs who attend can meet each other, grab some dinner (everyone will need to pay for their own expenses, though) and chat about STO and Trek.

So... anyone interested? We would love to meet as many of you as possible If you are, reply and let me know if you have any suggestions for locations we can meet (the con is actually in Burlingame, so we would want to meet around there), and any ideas for where would be a good spot to grab some food AND can accommodate a (potentially) large group.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-07-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
10-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Sure would be interested to put some names to faces.
Ensign
# 3
10-21-2013, 03:08 PM
I'd love to come, but I don't know any places up there being in San Jose. Once a location is decided, though, I'll be there!
Republic Veteran
# 4
10-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Would love to try and come by.
Ensign
# 5
10-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

As some of you may know, the STO Dev team is located in the Bay Area of Northern California AND the Star Trek San Francisco convention is coming up next month (November 8-10, 2013). I would love to plan a casual STO meet-up where interested players and devs who attend can meet each other, grab some dinner (everyone will need to pay for their own expenses, though) and chat about STO and Trek.

So... anyone interested? We would love to meet as many of you as possible If you are, reply and let me know if you have any suggestions for locations we can meet (the con is actually in Burlingame, so we would want to meet around there), and any ideas for where would be a good spot to grab some food AND can accommodate a (potentially) large group.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Color me interested but a wee bit limited in my own availability (I can manage Friday the 8th after 5:30PM or Sunday the 10th, but not at all on Saturday).

Let's see... Burlingame's where Kubla Con is. If you're in the Hyatt, the restaurant in the atrium may be able to accommodate a fairly sizable number of people. Max's down the street can handle moderate sized groups (maybe up to 12?). I don't know too many other places around there that might be able to handle groups bigger than about 6.
Career Officer
# 6
10-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This would be fun! Two questions though, if I were to hypothetically talk about something other than STO and Trek... (say, The Walking Dead), would I then be removed by a Taco and a Cereal box?

Lastly, are there any bay area restaurants accepting Zen as a form of payment? The Dil/Zen rates are looking good right now and I'd like to take full advantage of this.

But seriously, I'm on board. Preferably on a weekend.
Rihannsu
# 7
10-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Sounds interesting. Max's in Burlingame is not a bad idea and Max's is not too expensive for most people either. We don't have to be attending the convention to attend this gathering I hope. Just went to the Grand Slam in LA in February so not planning to attend this con.
Ensign
# 8
10-21-2013, 07:40 PM
I will be there from the 8th to the 11th I think. Hope to see you there.
Ensign
# 9
10-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I will be there. I hope to see you. The creation entertainment convention right?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
10-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Can I come?
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!