Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lieutenant
I propose the idea of the Caitian Masked Energy Signature Universal Console!

It fits on only Caitian ships! So it can be put on the stalker and the Caitian atrox and Fleet atrox, or any future caitian designs. If that is too much just the Caitiaon atrox carrier varieties.

It should come on the Zen store Caitian atrox!

Description:

Becuase of the Enormous ammounts of power needed this console is very weak to Auxiliary drain and other attacks on the auxiliary system! It is one of the most advanced cloaks in existance but it requires massive energy to utilize affectively.

Stats:
Console - Universal - Caitian Masked Energy Signature
Rare/Ultra Rare universal console
Bound to Character
Cannot equip more than 1 of this item
Vice Admiral
Catian Atrox Carrier, Fleet Caitian Atrox Carrier
Caitian Masked Energy Signature:

Passive(passive skills not affected by Auxiliary loss further than it naturally is from power loss!)

Can Use Hanger Bays cloaked.
-50% time on Hanger Bays/Pets CD(Makes it faster)
Active
**(Cloaking is deactivated if Auxiliary power is below 75-100(modify to balance it) as an alternative way to keep it down. This makes the Caitian masked energy sig completely susceptible to energy drain and alternative attacks that affect auxiliary to compensate for it's powerful bonuses!)
Self
+4705 - 4975 Stealth (modify if too high)
-15 Weapon,Shield,Engine power
+50% Defense for 5-10 seconds after Decloaking. (still affective if the cloak deactivates from auxiliary power loss!)
+50% Defense while cloaked
20 Second CD
Can be activated in combat! (Must have Auxiliary power above 75-100 to activate in combat!)
Cannot fire weapons cloaked.
Automatically activate when leaving combat! (Deactivates if Auxilliary is ever below 75-100 power!)
**Alternative additional power. As cynder2012 reminded me, the stalker has automatic activation out of combat. Why not give that to the atrox when wearing this as well. It would be a very nice cloaking device completely appropriate to the Atrox!

If in combat pushing the console skill button activates the cloak. Out of combat it acts as a toggle for Automatic cloaking out of combat! Allowing you to decloak out of combat.

---------

What this accomplishes is two fold. Increased defense through the timer and cloak. Letting you fight with minimal damage cloaked through fighters making people actually use stuff to find you and stop you to a small extent(AKA use sensor abilities more often!)! And lets you set up your fighters for a swoop in type attack or going into combat to engage with main weapons! All things the Atrox is a little weak at!

The Kefri can fire cloaked why not give the atrox one of the other unique options and let it use hanger bays cloaked. It's only fair! I think it would increase the atrox combat ability just perfectly for it's needs and give it a badly needed flair appropriate and unique to it.

The atrox and stalkers are based on cloaking in some form or another. The atrox should be allowed to have that as fully as possible. This would do it! It would also give a permanent good Masked energy sig. And I could stop using the crapy level 1 one and get another sci power!

This would also give it alot more defense. Though the timer could be reduces back to 5 seconds for the bonus if needed. Along with any other changes. It would make the Atrox a lot more tanky whle still letting it be sci oriented and letting it focus to get turn rate to use those cannons that are normally so useless! 8) I think the Cloaking in combat would actually be a bit more appropriate. I think this game needs an incentive to get sensors setups again! 8) Isn't the Federation supposed to be finally embracing cloak at this point in their timeline?!

If you gave atrox this console with the claok in combat and defnse bonuses. You would never need to upgrade the atrox again! 8) Besides the fleet one of course!

This console would give alot more versatility to the atrox in general! And would certainly be worth the cosole slot!

Last edited by aftulus; 10-23-2013 at 03:51 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
10-21-2013, 11:45 PM
would be nice, though the stalker already has an inate MES when its out of combat

though i dont think something the size of the atrox would work well, mainly because its a carrier and needs a ton of power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Lieutenant
# 3
10-21-2013, 11:48 PM
I think part of the atrox is that is has lots of power. It is a huge ship. And I'm assuming the Caitians are good with power for some reason.

I added auto cloaking with a twist. It requires Auxiliary power above a certain number for auto cloak and activatealbe cloak abilities to work in combat In general(except the defense bonus on leaving cloak). And it Can be taken down by ships who attack the Auxiliary power along with being stopped from entering cloak again by energy and subsystem attacks! This should give it the needed power and a good counter to the system naturally! Plus let some lesser used abilities see the light of day again.

It would be oddly susceptable to other sci ships.. 8)

Last edited by aftulus; 10-22-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 4
10-22-2013, 05:34 AM
Honestly, I would rather have something else for cats besides a space console. Besides, people would rage "OMGs science carrrier canz cloak! nerf!!!"
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Lieutenant
# 5
10-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Shouldn't science ships be the most able to cloak? 8) I beleive that is why the romulans are so good. They are all part science by design. This is somewhat of a federation species equivilant.

Plus masked energy signature is a sci ability. So a science ship like this should get a specialization in it. It's only natural. And it would be the only ship with a fully adept masked energy sig that I know of. And a version that is partially a battle version with in combat activation.

Last edited by aftulus; 10-23-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
10-23-2013, 09:32 AM
Honestly, I'd like to see a Caitian cruiser first...or a complete overhaul of the Atrox. Granted, it's nowhere near as horrible as the Galaxy (but then, what is?) but it's certainly at the bottom of the pile when it comes to Carriers.
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-23-2013, 09:37 AM
I find my Atrox works just fine the way it is. It's a perfect healer or tank.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 8
10-23-2013, 10:35 AM
I would really love to hear your take on it, then. Not being sarcastic at all. I adore the ship, truly, in it's aesthetics. I just can't seem to make it work for me. For the record, I'm an Engineer who generally flies cruisers. I've tried a couple different tactics with it, but I just can't seem to do well. I WANT to love my Atrox, I really do. Please help me love it.
Commander
# 9
10-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveimperator View Post
I would really love to hear your take on it, then. Not being sarcastic at all. I adore the ship, truly, in it's aesthetics. I just can't seem to make it work for me. For the record, I'm an Engineer who generally flies cruisers. I've tried a couple different tactics with it, but I just can't seem to do well. I WANT to love my Atrox, I really do. Please help me love it.
Hah, to me the aesthetics (or at least the general design) aren't that great... It looks kind of like a massive space phallus, and it sorta sticks out like a sore thumb (or something else) next to pretty much anything else, including even a fleet of Andorian ships...
These are the unoriginal voyages of the starship Aether. Its continuing mission: to explore boring new worlds, seek out Dilithium and Reputation, to boldly go where everyone has gone before.
Ensign
# 10
10-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveimperator View Post
delta flyers tacyon beam 3 viral matrix 3