Career Officer
# 11
10-22-2013, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsteward View Post
I just wish sometimes the devs would read here to get ideas for what to do instead of going all out with frikkin laser-dinos
Yup, and that goes back to what several people have said in other threads, instead of going back and fixing what needs fixing, the devs just worry about the next grind fest. And apparently blaming us now because we don't like to play broken missions. I think Gecko is out of touch.
Rihannsu
# 12
10-22-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorstella View Post
Yup, and that goes back to what several people have said in other threads, instead of going back and fixing what needs fixing, the devs just worry about the next grind fest. And apparently blaming us now because we don't like to play broken missions. I think Gecko is out of touch.
Here's the thing... MMOs need to keep moving forward or players get bored. If season 8 was all about bugfixes it'd be the worst season ever, and lots of people would stop playing due to boredom.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 13
10-22-2013, 09:54 AM
I take Geko blamed the players from population drop after LoR, that was caused by his own decisions, here is one ... the Binary Faction and lack of any Fleet system caused people that moment they were done with their Romulan characters to return to their mains and then completed Tholian Reputation if they even bothered with it.

It was not Tribble that made people tired, it was looking at all the decisions made so I have no incentive to make Alts are Dilithium and EC grind get nerfed and nerfed and nerfed again, after the novelty wore off we mostly returned to our mains, the only new content were a couple of FA that pay like crap as everything outside STFs and a Adventure Zone that doesnt scale and so people outlevel it.

Players are bored on the fact Cryptic just picks up existing content, changes the reward tables and then call it new content, they did that with Nukara and Season 7 FAs and then they act so surprised when people abandon it after they are done.

Also we had Feature Episodes last year, this year, nearly 2 years after the last we get a Featured Episode, SINGULAR, that end up being delayed OVER A MONTH that just shows even one, ONE mission is too hard for Cryptic to even deliver, kinda funny as trotting players numbers and how the team almost doubled and not even a year later we have "population issues" and the staff apparently is STILL too small to deliver ONE mission without having to delay it a whole month.

MMO might need new content but STO have problems, they keep trying to gate players into being online 24/7 not to give players something to do, because as Tholian Rep shown thats not what they did, but so they can have metrics to show to their supervisors.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Captain
# 14
10-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsteward View Post
Maybe its just me but somehow some of the stuff gecko said during his POP - interview really pissed me off. He made it look like players are just playing the easiest content with the most rewards without any other consideration and that he has to "guide" us to the other content by giving it more marks or whatever.
There's always the possibility that some form of antagonistic class bias has manifested in Mr. Rivera's attitude towards the playerbase, a la the infamous Stanford Prison Experiment. This works both ways, though.

On the other hand. Mr. Rivera may simply be candidly reporting his observation of the behavior of the playerbase. If I recall from the interview correctly, that is what he said, that these were the statistical realities of the behavior of the playerbase as a whole.

Granted, there are exceptions. Different people have different tastes, but those differences remain within a common range of a larger scale.

Then again, it is inherent in the nature of Corporate Business Practices to pander to the lowest common denominator, so as to attain the greatest return for a minimal investment.
Career Officer
# 15
10-23-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm thinking of end-game content that exists, and I do ignore quite a bit of it, but not because it doesn't give me rewards.

I skip it because I find that it's the exact same thing as something else, and that something else gives me better rewards. So it's the rewards, it's that when you give me two exactly the same missions, with just different graphics, one giving me better rewards then the other, why would I play the lesser one? For different graphics but the exact same game play?

Take ground STFs.. in my opinion here the ground system in this game is sub-standard when you compare it to space. It's basically running around on rails, killing mobs whose only difference is that one fires phasers and another plasma, get to a boss, kill the boss. Other then skins and graphics there is NO difference in the end-game ground game. Deferi and the new Dyson Battlezone are attempting to fix this a bit, and it'll draw me in, but then the devs will complain I'm skipping Deferi for the Dyson Battlezone.

Then you got space, at least there is some variety in how you have to play, so you end up playing what rep system you want. You want Omega Marks, you're not going to play Azure Rescue, you're going to grind the Omega STFs and ignore the others

And why would I start say Romulan Rep, just because they release it, when I'm still working on Omega, or start Nukara, when I'm running Romulan. And once I get say, top tier Omega gear, do I really care about the gear in the Romulan or Nukara rep on that character?