Rihannsu
# 51
10-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I feel your pain.

They could, sure. I can't imagine them doing that though, if they did, then all the people who paid money for that Galor would cry (righly so) that the ship they paid for was taken away from them. Sure, Cryptic could just replace the ship (keep the stats), but then that new ship wouldn't be what people paid for.

The only alternative, if they were to venture down this route, is that they gave all existing Galor owners a free Cardassian Fleet Ship token as compensation, but I can't see that happening either, and not everyone is going to want to play as a Cardassian.
yeah I don't think they'd do that either.

they'd probably just make that model of Galor lock box exclusive, and give other models to the Cardassian faction.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
# 52
10-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post

they'd probably just make that model of Galor lock box exclusive, and give other models to the Cardassian faction.
It's possible, the Reman skin Romulans have access to is better than the one from the Reman shield.

I know the Galor is like *the* Cardassian ship...but do they need it? I mean with the Kelden class so similar to the Galor?
Captain
# 53
10-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Like I've suggested before, they could just make variant Galors with different stats for the Cardassian faction.
Captain
# 54
10-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Faction, not Fraction. Away with the 'r'.
No, in this case, "Fraction" is correct. It's like how the Feds and the Klingons are a faction, but the Romulans are a fraction.
Captain
# 55
10-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I know the Galor is like *the* Cardassian ship...but do they need it? I mean with the Kelden class so similar to the Galor?
It would be like having a Lockbox Constitution or Galaxy Class being usable by anyone. It would just not be right and would ruin the experience on the Fed side if Fed end game ships are usable by anyone. But that is just my own personal experience. How many others are the same?

Last edited by marshalericdavid; 10-24-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Career Officer
# 56
10-25-2013, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
A valid point. Two ships that look very much the same. But then, I feel Cardassian players might feel a loss not being able to play in the most iconic Cardassian ship there is?

It would be like playing a Klingon but not being able to use the B'rel, or playing a Romulan, but not being able to fly a Deridex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
No, in this case, "Fraction" is correct. It's like how the Feds and the Klingons are a faction, but the Romulans are a fraction.
Hah, you're being pedantic, but I see what you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
It would be like having a Lockbox Constitution or Galaxy Class being usable by anyone. It would just not be right and would ruin the experience on the Fed side if Fed end game ships are usable by anyone. But that is just my own personal experience. How many others are the same?
I am (and always have been) of the opinion that each faction should be flying their own ships only.

FED/KDF/ROM players shouldn't be able to fly Cardassian, Ferengi or Tholian ships.

The exceptions to the lock box rule (ships I'd allow, but not purchase myself) are the Temporal ones, and the Tal Shiar ones. They could have done with putting the Gal X in a lock box too, but I guess they released that before the lock boxes came along.
Captain
# 57
10-25-2013, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post

I think this would be about right. If I remember correctly, there were references on the show to different 'marks' of Galors, including some that were refitted with Dominion tech. Perhaps the lockbox Galors would be the refits, while the faction players would get a standard version?
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Career Officer
# 58
10-25-2013, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Perhaps the lockbox Galors would be the refits, while the faction players would get a standard version?
If anything, I'd expect this to be the other way around. The older designs would be given to the Federation/Klingons (and Roms) with the latest designs and technology being kept within Cardassian control.

I swear I remember reading somewhere that a Cardassian faction would come with unique weapons (different to the spiral wave disruptor); maybe we'd get Disruptor-Polaron Hybrid Spiral Wave weaponry?
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-26-2013, 08:41 AM
[quote=flash525;13062541]It's as canon as we're going to get.
Quote:
Admittedly, I had forgot about the Founder Virus. Still, it was the belief of Section 31 that without those drastic measures, the Dominion would have won the war and thus ruled the Federation. They (S31) still have the survival of the Federation in mind.
You could argue that even the T'Shiar aren't evil, they believe their actions will save their race and give them an empire. Same with the True Way.
Quote:
Also, novels aren't canon. They're wrote (essentially) be Trek writing fans. They can twist and turn anything they like.
But they do contain some good ideas, the Vesta class ship originated from the novels.

Quote:
I'm not even sure he'd be deemed evil. He just saw Martok as weak and too friendly toward the Federation. He was no doubt doing what he thought best for the Empire.
He apparently cheated to become chancellor, through I am surprise he hasn't turn out to be Unidine yet.

Faction, not Fraction. Away with the 'r'.
Quote:
Again, novels aren't considered canon. If we're going with unknown races, I'd rather Cryptic make up their own. That, or just turn the Voth into playable.
I might agree with you, before they put bloody dinosaurs with lasers in the game. Now I think it be safe to borrow ideas from the novels. They borrowed the Vesta class starship from the novels, so why not a race or two.

Quote:
Maybe not? The Founders have 'perfected' the Jem Hadar and Vorta for their uses. I doubt they'd subjugate themselves to cloning an entirely new species. Surely they'd fix the problems with existing clones first?
What problems, the biggest problem for the founders was that they got found out before they launched their invasion of the Alpha Quadrant.

Plus allying themselves to one of the weakness powers in the quadrant, the Klingons almost conquered Cardassia entire territory in just a few week, and despite several wars with the Federation, they never got far beyond taking a few minor border worlds.

If only they allied themselves with the Breen from the beginning, the war may have gone very differently. or they waited until that fleet of 10,000 vessels was ready to launch into the Alpha Quadrant before they announced their alliance with Cardassia.

In the TV show several other races were allied to the Dominion as well. An when you consider that Jem'Hadar were there solders, the Vorta were their diplomats, it would make sense that they engineer another species to be the scientists, Karemma provided the Dominion with torpedos, it a possibility that they were the Dominion weapons developers.

Plus they handed the best engineers (famed for being able to turn rocks into replications- Wayaun)and scientists in the Alpha Quadrant one of their vessels to study for a couple of years, which enable them to produce a defence against their main ships weapons. May be they made their clones a little bit too loyal, choosing to hand over a vessel to the enemy instead of sacrificing the changeling.
Survivor of Romulus
# 60
10-26-2013, 08:53 AM
In my eyes they'd have to be allied with the Federation (since they were going that way after the war anyway with aid efforts). Not full members yet, but with much improved diplomatic ties. It would be very easy to come up with some sort of story line where the True Way become more organised, possibly with assistance from the Dominion to sow the seeds of dissent and chaos to pave the way for further attempt to annex the Alpha quadrant? In response to recent unrest/attack/stuff you have to go after those responsible, but with a few plot twists along the way.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.