Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 TNG Uniform?
01-29-2010, 03:04 PM
When Gamestop posted their picture about the Star Trek Online CE and claimed to have the TNG Uniform the devs said that this is wrong information and the TNG uniform will be in game: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bo...contentsLG.jpg

I wanted to play with the TNG uniform from this picture and did not buy the CE because the devs said its ingame. Where is it now? Will it be available for launch and not head start? Or was it an mistake and it is only in the CE?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurit View Post
When Gamestop posted their picture about the Star Trek Online CE and claimed to have the TNG Uniform the devs said that this is wrong information and the TNG uniform will be in game: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bo...contentsLG.jpg

I wanted to play with the TNG uniform from this picture and did not buy the CE because the devs said its ingame. Where is it now? Will it be available for launch and not head start? Or was it an mistake and it is only in the CE?
Yes the FAQ was rather lame, but TNG is available as the movie one only as the CE gets the other variations.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTuxia View Post
Yes the FAQ was rather lame, but TNG is available as the movie one only as the CE gets the other variations.
Yes but I don't care about the movie one, I wanted the uniform from the series. I realy feel misinformed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurit View Post
Yes but I don't care about the movie one, I wanted the uniform from the series. I realy feel misinformed.
Yeah, there was a huge debate about that early in Open Beta. What makes things more confusing is that the movie "Generations" , the TNG uniforms include both the TV TNG and TV DS9 uniforms, while the one devs were talking about were the "First Contact, Insurrection," and "Nemesis" TNG uniforms.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurit View Post
Yes but I don't care about the movie one, I wanted the uniform from the series. I realy feel misinformed.
See? I knew they had the information mixed up in the FAQ, but everyone kept telling me I was wrong. I guess I was right after all.

Don't worry though. You can buy the CE at any point and get those bonuses. They are not pre-order only. So, maybe somewhere down the road when you get your tax refund or it goes on sale you can grab a copy.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
See? I knew they had the information mixed up in the FAQ, but everyone kept telling me I was wrong. I guess I was right after all.

Don't worry though. You can buy the CE at any point and get those bonuses. They are not pre-order only. So, maybe somewhere down the road when you get your tax refund or it goes on sale you can grab a copy.


And pawn up an extra $60-$80? I would wait to see if those items end up on the C-store a few months down the road.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkAthena View Post
And pawn up an extra $60-$80? I would wait to see if those items end up on the C-store a few months down the road.
A few months? Doubt it. A few years? Maybe, and that's a big maybe.

The DVD Cape (Cape of the Four Winds) and the Arachnos Cape and Emblem (both came with the Collactor's Editions of the game) still aren't available to newbies yet in City of Heroes/Villains. (Cryptic's first MMO)

The devs have said that the Collector's Edition Champions Online and Lifetime sub stuff will not be released on the CStore.

I'm guessing the same will be true here.
You want the exclusives? Buy the Collector's Edition.
If not, go without.

Pre-order items may make it to the CStore in time, but I doubt the CE and DDE edition stuff will ever appear there.


Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:08 AM.