Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-29-2010, 08:04 PM
racial traits do not stack
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Leadership has been bugged throughout Beta and is still bugged after launch as far as I can tell. It's acting as a Ground trait so its not providing any bonus to space at this time. Hopefully it'll be fixed sometime soon...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-30-2010, 03:01 AM
I suppose it may be beneficial if you're not running a loadout that provides self-healing other than passive repair. Otherwise something like an engi-crew would likely easily make up for it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-30-2010, 04:40 AM
Leadership , if it works is a great asset to any ship class , especially cruisers , but i wouldn't waste 1 trait slot to my main to pick Human , since you can have a Human BO that has it & assuming that it works as intented.
Instead i would made a custom race that looked Human ( which i did want to be Human anyway ) and choose 4 space traits which are far more important , at least for me.
If you have the Liberated Borg Officer bonus preorder , you can skip efficient too because she already has that.

I personaly created a custom Human\Trill character that has :

- Accurate
- Elusive
- Techie
- Warp Theorist

If all goes well and nothing changes , i will have Effiicient too with the Borg BOff.
I wanted Astrophysicist too , but my purpose is to create a hybrid tank\dps Cruiser as a Tac Captain , so it's bonuses want be as usefull as the bonuses of the above traits.

Teamwork is good , but only on a BOff and only in a main character created exclusively for PvP. I wouldn't spend another valuable trait slot for that , exploit damage is already a very powerfull attack especially with a sniper shot , and secondly i don't equip my BOffs with exploit weapons , only expose . I want that vaporizations for my self Really , if you have a Human Boff with teamwork , no need to take it as a Captain.

These are my recommendations anyway.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-30-2010, 04:49 AM
Tbh, i think that in the end, those bonuses from traits will matter very little. While +10 may sound great on T1, when maxed ability is +18, it will surely matter less if you have 200 or 210, especialy if there are some kind of diminishing returns.

On the other hand, bonuses wich provide certain %, keep their value through all tiers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-30-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Tbh, i think that in the end, those bonuses from traits will matter very little. While +10 may sound great on T1, when maxed ability is +18, it will surely matter less if you have 200 or 210, especialy if there are some kind of diminishing returns.

On the other hand, bonuses wich provide certain %, keep their value through all tiers.
No argues there , but space traits do seem more important than ground traits , since most of them can be found on BOs . Why not try and make the most efficient selection of traits for your char?
Even if you have say weapon power levels maxed at 125 somehow , traits like warp theorist and efficient,if i am not mistaken, will boost your other 3 power levels that are lower , i don't know by how much , but they will.
I do believe that they matter in the end , even for a small factor.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-30-2010, 05:13 AM
Warp theorist doesnt increase power level, just efficiency...wich is used by several abiltites (like emergency power to weapons etc.). Oh or so i thought, maybe they do help to it...but once again, the +10 will be mostly visible in t1 only, wich means a little easier start...wich is easy enough anyway.

But to answer your question...first im not min/max number geek, second, i dont like having "alien" in species, when i play a human, just for the sake of having maxed out traits. But you are right, i wasted 1 ground trait with human, if i will fly only :-) and i dont care...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-30-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Warp theorist doesnt increase power level, just efficiency...wich is used by several abiltites (like emergency power to weapons etc.). Oh or so i thought, maybe they do help to it...but once again, the +10 will be mostly visible in t1 only, wich means a little easier start...wich is easy enough anyway.

But to answer your question...first im not min/max number geek, second, i dont like having "alien" in species, when i play a human, just for the sake of having maxed out traits. But you are right, i wasted 1 ground trait with human, if i will fly only :-) and i dont care...
Traits provide a permanent bonus to your stats , power & abilities last a few seconds , there is a diifference.
I don't think so only on start.It's hard to imagine a Tier 5 ship to have all 4 power levels maxed or very high.Even with maxed skills.

I didn't imply that you are , and neither am i , actually i prefer balance in the powers levels , i was just giving an examble.There are players though that do like the min/max number thing , no need to use such a bad word as "geek".
Man you can play as you see fit and i respect that. I just expressed my opinion about traits , not that it is the right way to play nor that choosing a custom race is the ideal for everyone or you.[/quote]
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
01-30-2010, 05:50 AM
Perhapes this will sound superstitios but, when i changed from Alien to Human character my game performance improved by alote.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
01-30-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLordeus
Traits provide a permanent bonus to your stats , power & abilities last a few seconds , there is a diifference.
I don't think so only on start.It's hard to imagine a Tier 5 ship to have all 4 power levels maxed or very high.Even with maxed skills.

I didn't imply that you are , and neither am i , actually i prefer balance in the powers levels , i was just giving an examble.There are players though that do like the min/max number thing , no need to use such a bad word as "geek".
Man you can play as you see fit and i respect that. I just expressed my opinion about traits , not that it is the right way to play nor that choosing a custom race is the ideal for everyone or you.
[/quote]

Oh i didnt meant you a geek, but in general :-) there is lots of people who are maximalists only :-) and im pretty sure that the dimishing returns makes it a bit even in the end..
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:37 PM.