Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2010, 08:04 PM
racial traits do not stack
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Leadership has been bugged throughout Beta and is still bugged after launch as far as I can tell. It's acting as a Ground trait so its not providing any bonus to space at this time. Hopefully it'll be fixed sometime soon...
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 03:01 AM
I suppose it may be beneficial if you're not running a loadout that provides self-healing other than passive repair. Otherwise something like an engi-crew would likely easily make up for it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 04:40 AM
Leadership , if it works is a great asset to any ship class , especially cruisers , but i wouldn't waste 1 trait slot to my main to pick Human , since you can have a Human BO that has it & assuming that it works as intented.
Instead i would made a custom race that looked Human ( which i did want to be Human anyway ) and choose 4 space traits which are far more important , at least for me.
If you have the Liberated Borg Officer bonus preorder , you can skip efficient too because she already has that.

I personaly created a custom Human\Trill character that has :

- Accurate
- Elusive
- Techie
- Warp Theorist

If all goes well and nothing changes , i will have Effiicient too with the Borg BOff.
I wanted Astrophysicist too , but my purpose is to create a hybrid tank\dps Cruiser as a Tac Captain , so it's bonuses want be as usefull as the bonuses of the above traits.

Teamwork is good , but only on a BOff and only in a main character created exclusively for PvP. I wouldn't spend another valuable trait slot for that , exploit damage is already a very powerfull attack especially with a sniper shot , and secondly i don't equip my BOffs with exploit weapons , only expose . I want that vaporizations for my self Really , if you have a Human Boff with teamwork , no need to take it as a Captain.

These are my recommendations anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 04:49 AM
Tbh, i think that in the end, those bonuses from traits will matter very little. While +10 may sound great on T1, when maxed ability is +18, it will surely matter less if you have 200 or 210, especialy if there are some kind of diminishing returns.

On the other hand, bonuses wich provide certain %, keep their value through all tiers.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Tbh, i think that in the end, those bonuses from traits will matter very little. While +10 may sound great on T1, when maxed ability is +18, it will surely matter less if you have 200 or 210, especialy if there are some kind of diminishing returns.

On the other hand, bonuses wich provide certain %, keep their value through all tiers.
No argues there , but space traits do seem more important than ground traits , since most of them can be found on BOs . Why not try and make the most efficient selection of traits for your char?
Even if you have say weapon power levels maxed at 125 somehow , traits like warp theorist and efficient,if i am not mistaken, will boost your other 3 power levels that are lower , i don't know by how much , but they will.
I do believe that they matter in the end , even for a small factor.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 05:13 AM
Warp theorist doesnt increase power level, just efficiency...wich is used by several abiltites (like emergency power to weapons etc.). Oh or so i thought, maybe they do help to it...but once again, the +10 will be mostly visible in t1 only, wich means a little easier start...wich is easy enough anyway.

But to answer your question...first im not min/max number geek, second, i dont like having "alien" in species, when i play a human, just for the sake of having maxed out traits. But you are right, i wasted 1 ground trait with human, if i will fly only :-) and i dont care...
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Warp theorist doesnt increase power level, just efficiency...wich is used by several abiltites (like emergency power to weapons etc.). Oh or so i thought, maybe they do help to it...but once again, the +10 will be mostly visible in t1 only, wich means a little easier start...wich is easy enough anyway.

But to answer your question...first im not min/max number geek, second, i dont like having "alien" in species, when i play a human, just for the sake of having maxed out traits. But you are right, i wasted 1 ground trait with human, if i will fly only :-) and i dont care...
Traits provide a permanent bonus to your stats , power & abilities last a few seconds , there is a diifference.
I don't think so only on start.It's hard to imagine a Tier 5 ship to have all 4 power levels maxed or very high.Even with maxed skills.

I didn't imply that you are , and neither am i , actually i prefer balance in the powers levels , i was just giving an examble.There are players though that do like the min/max number thing , no need to use such a bad word as "geek".
Man you can play as you see fit and i respect that. I just expressed my opinion about traits , not that it is the right way to play nor that choosing a custom race is the ideal for everyone or you.[/quote]
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 05:50 AM
Perhapes this will sound superstitios but, when i changed from Alien to Human character my game performance improved by alote.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLordeus
Traits provide a permanent bonus to your stats , power & abilities last a few seconds , there is a diifference.
I don't think so only on start.It's hard to imagine a Tier 5 ship to have all 4 power levels maxed or very high.Even with maxed skills.

I didn't imply that you are , and neither am i , actually i prefer balance in the powers levels , i was just giving an examble.There are players though that do like the min/max number thing , no need to use such a bad word as "geek".
Man you can play as you see fit and i respect that. I just expressed my opinion about traits , not that it is the right way to play nor that choosing a custom race is the ideal for everyone or you.
[/quote]

Oh i didnt meant you a geek, but in general :-) there is lots of people who are maximalists only :-) and im pretty sure that the dimishing returns makes it a bit even in the end..