Lt. Commander
# 1 Rip apart my Build
10-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Guys,

I am building an Aux to Battery build Scimitar. My build is attached. (I am including 2 embassy science consoles in the 2 blank Science spots for additional 18% damage.)

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...auxtobattery_0

My questions are the following:

1. How do I get the FAW Spawn going and do I need 2 FAW III in place(3x Energy Weapons Officers?)

2. Should I dump the LT TAC and put a Sci or Engineer there?

3. Which Space Set Should I use? I am thinking Omega (Tetroyon Glider) or Nukara or Tank it up with MACO/Borg

4. Is refracting Techyon better than the Romulan beams?

5. Any Other ways to amp up DPS. (I am running all Superior Romulan BOFFs, I understand that I can upgrade my Tac Consoles.)
Captain
# 2
10-22-2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaresh1 View Post
Guys,

I am building an Aux to Battery build Scimitar. My build is attached. (I am including 2 embassy science consoles in the 2 blank Science spots for additional 18% damage.)

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...auxtobattery_0

My questions are the following:

1. How do I get the FAW Spawn going and do I need 2 FAW III in place(3x Energy Weapons Officers?)

2. Should I dump the LT TAC and put a Sci or Engineer there?

3. Which Space Set Should I use? I am thinking Omega (Tetroyon Glider) or Nukara or Tank it up with MACO/Borg

4. Is refracting Techyon better than the Romulan beams?

5. Any Other ways to amp up DPS. (I am running all Superior Romulan BOFFs, I understand that I can upgrade my Tac Consoles.)
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...tfbbqaux2bat_0
You need 2 aux2bats. You also didn't have dem(probably no marion as well, should grab him, he is skyrocketing in price...probably partially my fault)

1. Pop all cooldowns then pop an auxt2bat...be sure to have 3 purple technicians

2. Yes, check my build...dem+marion is what pushes people's dps to 50k

3. Omega will add damage, borg provides amazing heals. Adapted maco is good if you don't have a Plasmonic leech. I always recommend borg and leech, it keeps me alive in no win wave 10 without fail

4. No, 2.5% for a bounce is pitiful. Stick with rom plasma

5. See my build, missing Nukara beam console, and a lobi console.

Any questions?
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Nope. Thanks for the reply. This is what I was looking for. I will get on it. I testing on the Scimitar and then try to duplicate it for my Feds.
Empire Veteran
# 4
10-22-2013, 09:10 AM
The idea of atb is that you only need one copy of every skill. To reach that you need two copys of aux to bat (and you should have 3 purple technician doffs).

That said your boff layout should look something like that:

Cmd Tac: TT1 X Faw3 Beta3 (the x is more or less a wasted slot since other beam attacks or patterns share a cooldown with faw or beta. you can do what you want here)
LtC Eng: EPtS1 AtB1 DEM2
Lt Eng: EPtW 1 AtB1

Lt Sci: TSS1 HE2 (or HE1 TSS2 what you like better)
Ens Uni: Whatever you like

Also you might want to use keybinds. Bind AtB, EPtW and EPtS to spacebar for example. And smash spacebar. You can also bind beta, tt and faw to spacebar. So you spam one button and maybe use a heal when needed.

As for equipment:
Personally I would go for borg deflector and engine (the healing proc is nice) and elite fleet resilient shields [cap]x2 [resb] [adapt]

Further reading:
More infor about AtB
My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-22-2013, 06:04 PM
1. As previously mentioned, the purpose of Aux2Bat is to have only one copy of each ability. No need for double stacking BFAW or BO.
2. Your ship lacks DoT clears. It's very important in both PvP and PvE. Trust me.
3. Tact Team and Engi Team would trip over each other. However, in a Aux2Bat build, this is a trivial problem - you'll have the option of either or...so no real complaint there.
4. Without knowing what is going to go into your Science Consoles, I would say that Tachyon beam is questionable, especially because you're going to be broadsiding most of the time with a beam boat. IF you stacked Flow caps however, then I'll let it go.
5. Jam sensors.....hmm....I don't know. I personally don't like it because you should be doing enough damage to break it anyhow.

Below is how I would do this build:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=scimmya2b_0
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-23-2013, 06:04 AM
Thanks for all over your suggestions so far. I have had some great results so far. I have been only able to test dahminus's suggestions so far, but I will test the rest shortly and will shift around the Boffs and skills to see which one I like the best. Very cool build ,but my skills are on a reduced cool down they are not firing all the time. (Is this normal?) My new build is on the link: (I have not been able to obtain a Bioneural Console)

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...scimmyround2_0

DOFFs:
1x Marion to Support the DEM
3x Purple Technicians ($8 to $10 Million ones that reduce BOFF Cooldowns)
1x Purple Energy Tac Officer that reduces cool downs

Question:

1. As suggested, I am running 2 Aux to Battery. I am hitting my tac skills first and then popping the Aux to Battery as suggested by AeTams's link. However, my Aux to batteries seem to be synched with the cool down so it is like I am running 1 Aux to Battery instead of 2. I am sure that I am doing something wrong with this.

Again, really appreciate the help.

Last edited by amaresh1; 10-23-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-23-2013, 10:54 AM
It looks a lot better now, but it still has potential to run even better.

1. Yes, your Aux2Bat has a shared cooldown of 10s. This is normal. Every 10s, you'll be able to reduce all other BOff ability cooldowns by 30%. For me personally, I find that a single Aux2Bat is sufficient for most engineering skills.

2. You can move the Universal Ensign to Science. Use it for something like Tractor beam or Polarize hulls - you really don't need a 2nd Tact. Team.

3. As a suggestion, I would replace Engi team with Emergency power to Engines or Auxiliary. In any build, you can run 2 EPtX abilities simultaneously with no downtime. Engines will allow you to fly faster and turn better. Auxiliary is a good counter-measure to the Aux drain to keep Haz-Emitters and TSS useful (use it immediately after A2B and the 30% CD reduction will also get applied to it).
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Thanks! I will make the changes and test again tonight when I get home.
Empire Veteran
# 9
10-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtstarfall View Post

3. As a suggestion, I would replace Engi team with Emergency power to Engines or Auxiliary. In any build, you can run 2 EPtX abilities simultaneously with no downtime. Engines will allow you to fly faster and turn better. Auxiliary is a good counter-measure to the Aux drain to keep Haz-Emitters and TSS useful (use it immediately after A2B and the 30% CD reduction will also get applied to it).
Personally I would choose emergency power to weapons. It gives you a 10% dmg buff.
My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Take a look at this build.

It's similar to how I built my Scimitar (I use a polaron loadout with the Jem'Hadar mk XII shield & engine, because I don't feel I really need the borg 2-piece hull regen proc, and the extra polaron damage & insulators is nice), and frankly it decimates everything. The issue is that it being so powerful, quickly leads to it being a bore to fly.

Honestly, you could probably deck the Scimitar out with 8 turrets and still do competitive DPS with it. In fact, I may try that this weekend....