Captain
Cryptic you SERIOUSLY need to tone down the CCE attacks. For a TETRYON damage beam, they're doing 50K in 5 rapid fire consecutive hits. When you only barely have 40K hull you run through every hull heal you have, and then die inside seconds.

And how about when you just come into 10k firing range with FULL SHIELDS and FULL HULL and instantly before you can hit "Rapid Fire" you're at 50% hull THROUGH FULL SHIELDS???? It's tetryon! It should weaken shields more than hull! We're talking MACO XII shields here, to boot!

Seriously, tone this crap down! You have no concept of gameplay or balance. This is evident in all your past changes where you think just making things monolithically unstoppable is how you ramp up difficulty. That's not how it works. It makes things bad. People stop playing them when they're bad.

No ego stroking from the people saying "I don't have that problem" because I see 42000 hull point CRUISERS going down in mere seconds next to me. You say that and I'll know you're just a liar or a troll. it's happening every time, repeatably. One hit, POP, down to 50% hull through full shields, I evasive back out of range (because I only just got INTO range, so I only have a second and I'm free), heal up, get ready, go back in full shields, EPTS running, full shield power and instantly as soon as I'm back inside 10.0 distance POP hull at 50% again.

This nonsense must stop. It SEEMS to be happening far more frequently in the past half week than before, and I've been running CCE on 4 alts multiple times every day since this event began. I promise you once the rewards stop nothing will make me ever want to play it again.

Not in its current Cryptic-quality state of affairs.
Captain
# 2
10-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Now I see why this game has so much cheese. It's to accompany all the whine.

There seem to be quite a few people who are capable of dealing with the event.

Maybe they are doing it differently than you. That would make the problem, yours and not PWE's.

Of course, with enough whining, the devs will soften this up to the point that it poses no challenge at all. You now... like how they got rid of the aggressive NPC's in sector space.
Rihannsu
# 3
10-17-2013, 09:47 PM
the Entity's main beam is supposed to bypass shields, it also attacks crew directly.
Captain
# 4
10-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
the Entity's main beam is supposed to bypass shields, it also attacks crew directly.
Then armor and plating needs to be considered a priority. For Tetryon that would be Ablative, Tetraburnium, and Electroceramic.
Captain
# 5
10-17-2013, 10:17 PM
When it gets a lot of the Recrystallization buff going on, it can get pretty ridiculous. +300% damage can do that. Something to strip the buff (tachyon beam or tykens rift) can help a lot.

The big tetryon hits are coming from the Tholians though. Take a moment to examine them and you'll see that like the Recluses have been buffed to over 240k HP each (wish mine could do that) with hits to match. Far cry from the normal 40k mobs. Think of them like playing with a borg cube but with more annoyance-based attacks.

Personally I just wish it wouldn't count the Valdore console for healing score. Always get first with my Rom toons no matter how badly I do, and usually second or sometimes third with my non-Roms even when at the top of my game. Just irritating.
Career Officer
# 6
10-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Only reason to die very fast in cce is by being hit by 3-4 fragments in short order or if the team fails and lets the stackcount rise too high.

Both is just player failure. Sometimes you get too close and die thats whats happening sostop crying man up and start looking into what you are doing wrong. Hundrets of groups finish cce all the timf over one day so cant be as big of a problem.

If you cant handle that pls just play the normal version. Not everyone can handle elite as it seems. But just because you or someone else fails i wont accept anymore watering down of my endgame content.

Last edited by johnsteward; 10-17-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Captain
# 7
10-17-2013, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
When it gets a lot of the Recrystallization buff going on, it can get pretty ridiculous. +300% damage can do that. Something to strip the buff (tachyon beam or tykens rift) can help a lot.
Leading the large shards far enough away to keep the small shards from making it back helps, too.

Some of the text from mission (more at http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Cr..._Catastrophe):
"There is a high chance that dealing damage to the Entity will cause a Large Crystalline Fragment to break off into space. We've observed these Large Fragments seek out starships and ram into them, destroying them in as little as a single hit. If you find yourself being followed by a Large Fragment, it's recommended that you either destroy it, or outmaneuver it.

Large Fragments that impact a starship will shatter into Small Fragments which return to the entity and apply a "Re-Crystalize" effect that will amplify the magnitude of the entity's attacks. The Small Fragments can be destroyed, but targeting them has proven exceedingly difficult.

When damaged, spawns Large Fragments which will attempt to ram vessels, but will ignore smaller targets (mines, fighters, etc).
If they impact a ship, will split into Small Fragments. Destroying them before they can impact a ship will prevent Small Fragments from spawning.
Small Fragments will apply a buff that will increase the Entity's damage. "

Quote:
The big tetryon hits are coming from the Tholians though. Take a moment to examine them and you'll see that like the Recluses have been buffed to over 240k HP each (wish mine could do that) with hits to match. Far cry from the normal 40k mobs. Think of them like playing with a borg cube but with more annoyance-based attacks.
Just checked on the wiki. It's an Antiproton beam. That would call for Tetraburnium armor and Parametallic plating.
Captain
# 8
10-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxbad View Post
Leading the large shards far enough away to keep the small shards from making it back helps, too.
Also true. Requires more situational awareness though. I usually lose track of the various shards as they blend into the very large 'shard' behind them, not realizing till they're right on top of me, and I can't be the only one with that problem. Of course I'm also a fan of Gravity Well and TBR to make it a moot point . Yay for carrying the right tools.

Quote:
Just checked on the wiki. It's an Antiproton beam. That would call for Tetraburnium armor and Parametallic plating.
Yep. But if his logs say its tetryon hits killing him, then its probably the Tholians and he may not even realize it. After all, the 'second edition' version of CE, the Tholians were just the regular mobs and could be pretty much ignored and wiped out almost as a byproduct of FAW/CSV use while you focus on the CE. Take that same approach now with the buffed Tholians, paying them no mind, and their response can be a rude surprise. Its an easy thing to overlook in that swirling melee of a mission after all, just assuming it was the CE's blasting away or some Large Shard hits that killed you, when actually it was a couple of Recluses that everyone was ignoring.
Lieutenant
# 9
10-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Yet another nerf request ?

Damn , CC isn't even hard on Elite .. how can you ask for a nerf ?
Infact , I would ask you to make it twice as hard please .. it's just too easy
Captain
# 10
10-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Elite isn't meant to be easy, it's meant to ravage you until you bleed from all of your holes. If you want something to faceroll, play Normal. You still get your shard. CCE doesn't pay enough to actually justify playing it, the only reason to do so is masochism.