Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Season 8 Dev Blog #9
10-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Content Designer Sean "Commander Ander" McCann reveals details about the upcoming Solanae Dyson Sphere Battlezone in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
10-22-2013, 02:09 PM
I've been avoiding the Tribble content because I want S8 to be new and fresh when it launches, but I must say this looks fun as heck.
Career Officer
# 3
10-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Hehe cant wait for the voth etc

all i keep thinking now is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucjEy7UhyUU
Commander
# 4
10-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Thank you, awesome stuff.

I must say I am excited about this aswell, looking forward to play this
Ensign
# 5
10-22-2013, 02:26 PM
20 Players + 2 bridge officers each + enemies? Well this isn't going to be a total lagfest...
Only a fool seeks meaning from a bowl of oatmeal.
Career Officer
Did we start playing Champions Online and nobody told us?

To explain that comment, CO has fallen into the trap of "no-content" updates.
What this means is when they do an so-called update, it's just a new queue.
Which isn't terribly interesting.

And to me, it looks like STO is repeating that error.
This Voth update is all about queues and mark grinding.

And that's not enough to keep me interested anymore, given that I've done the Reputation mark grind 9 times over now (3 times per character).

In addition, I really hate the 20 player actions because nobody seems to understand the concept of teamwork and they're all out to fight each other for the top spot on the leaderboard or whatever.

So, this update will most likely be me just logging in to play the Voth 5 player queue 3 times a day and going away again once I've earned my marks during bonus hour.

It's sad that STO has come down to this.
Career Officer
# 7
10-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
To explain that comment, CO has fallen into the trap of "no-content" updates.
I swear I'm not trying to be rude...what's your definition of "content," and what would you like to see more of in the game?

It's a legitimate question; I don't play a lot of MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-22-2013, 02:34 PM
(as the gates open) "and welcome to jurassic park" .......queue music

MY FLEET:http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=498091
Rihannsu
# 9
10-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
I swear I'm not trying to be rude...what's your definition of "content," and what would you like to see more of in the game?

It's a legitimate question; I don't play a lot of MMOs.
Not the one you asked the question to, but for me, I'd want something that makes me want to log in each day becuase its fun, or leads to fun, not because I have to or I fall behind on some progress bar.

Yes, all MMOs have grind, but I would say the better ones have grind that you do to get something that you can use how you want to use it. I would grind missions to get in game credits of some sort to get a ship that I could then use to fight other players, or explore, or whatever.

STO seems to be more and more grind, so that you can get things that help you gind more. Personally, my perfect update would be allowing you to explore the galaxy, and each system would have a space and/or ground map that you could wonder around and see, and then, if you wanted to, you could have a mission there. It wouldn't have to be a big mission, just a simple random mission to go here and do this with some experience and dilithium for reward. Like Nimbus, but better. Add in better crafting and a better market, and I think I would be happy.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Career Officer
# 10
10-22-2013, 02:54 PM
I've tried it twice so far...

Despite the current BUGS, it's a lot of fun.

I don't think it's going to be a que type of thing, it seems to be a 5- 20 man instance that can be joined at any point.

Once the over-all goal is achieved the particular instance you're in, re-sets itself and ya start all over again.

DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 10-22-2013 at 03:02 PM.