Captain
# 51
10-22-2013, 10:47 PM
At first i was against this ...but now not so much this season is starting to look like its going to be a lot of fun.

Once you stop thinking STO as trek the game becomes fun
Ensign
# 52
10-22-2013, 11:10 PM
from the screen shots people are wearing evi suits do you need then there being able to bring 2 boffs with you is great and people like to show off how the made their boffs look but if you need the suits you cant do that
Commander
# 53
10-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettratt View Post
from the screen shots people are wearing evi suits do you need then there being able to bring 2 boffs with you is great and people like to show off how the made their boffs look but if you need the suits you cant do that
Nah, that's strike force armor, not EVA suits.
Commander
# 54
10-22-2013, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstick606 View Post
(as the gates open) "and welcome to jurassic park" .......queue music
"Dr Grant, my Dear Dr Sattler, Welcome to Jurassic Park."
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-23-2013, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderander View Post
Hi everyone....

Can we have in future: fleet vs fleet PvP territory control ?
-------
Cronos@DrunkUncle
Rihannsu
# 56
10-23-2013, 03:41 AM
I played it on Tribble and it was probably the most fun I've had on ground in the game.

Yes I do quite like ground to begin with, even if space is way better, but it was still really enjoyable and I would love to see this converted to PvP one day.

The fact it scales from 1-5 means that even on deserted days it should still let people play if, even if they have to wait for others to show to complete it.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 57
10-23-2013, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkadmiral View Post
Can we have in future: fleet vs fleet PvP territory control ?
I'd have to say no to that one.

It's a bad idea on so many levels and I'll give you two of them:

I played a game where there was a simplified terroritory subgame based on PvP.
It was roughly akin to factional terrority control.
90% of the time, it was controlled by the faction equivalent to KDF, the Starfleet equivalent barely got to do anything.

Also, I'm very much aware that fleets are inequal in size in this game, it would be possible for larger fleets to completely dominate all the smaller ones through strength of numbers.
That I saw as well, the terroritory control game was always controlled by the biggest fleets and for everyone else, challenging that control was impossible, so nobody ever did.

And one more thing to consider, which may or may not apply to STO.
Champions Online has PvP queues and they're dead, just because players stopped going to them.
Republic Veteran
# 58
10-23-2013, 06:10 AM
Ok i am going to be honest now.....THIS LOOKS ****ING AWESOME!!!!!!! This is the kind of stuff we wanted all these months when we ask for new PVE content. Please make it tough! So it lasts! Even when geared. Will there be an elite version???? You need more elites, so people can still enjoy the PVE content when they are fully geared.
Rake Morgrave - Federation Human
Fade Akira - Federation Reman
Reza Malin - KDF Nausicaan
" Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first and the lessons after..."
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-23-2013, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
Also, I'm very much aware that fleets are inequal in size in this game, it would be possible for larger fleets to completely dominate all the smaller ones through strength of numbers.
That I saw as well, the terroritory control game was always controlled by the biggest fleets and for everyone else, challenging that control was impossible, so nobody ever did.
-pvp will be optional so no one force player to pvp
-the pvp maps to have a limited number of players, 5vs5/10vs10... not like 5 vs 50
Also in all games i played in pvp zones all time small specializing in pvp fleets was winning over big 400-500 fleets.
-------
Cronos@DrunkUncle
Lieutenant
# 60
10-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Some part of me keeps thinking REDACTED is the Omega Particle....

But then again, it also sounds like a faction of some sort like the Iconians.... Maybe I keep thinking Omega because I recently watched that episode.