Commander
I got this ship a few days ago, and so far I'm entirely disappointed in it. I'm referring to the fleet version of the cheyenne/dakota/stargazer - the four-nacelled heavy cruiser from t3.

The ship's size and turn rate are disproportionate - it's half the size of a star cruiser or assault cruiser, yet only gains a 1 turnrate increase. It's smaller than even the avenger, but still several points of turn rate slower. It has less hull than any of those, as well.

The boff layout, typical for an engineering-focused cruiser, means it lacks any damage potential whatsoever due to limited tactical abilities. However, it doesnt have the hull of even more tactical-focused cruisers, preventing it from functioning as a proper tank.

The current issues with engineering abilities compound the problem - there's nothing defensive worth using for higher rank engineer abilities, and you're forced to use emergency power to X in your first two ensign slots because of the necessity of tactical team.

The heavy cruiser needs a buff, preferrably to turn rate. A boff layout change wouldnt hurt either. Also, while I'm at it, why not give the option to select 'none' for the upper/lower nacelles and pylons (obviously only one or the other), so that you can customize the ship to look like it only has two nacelles?
Captain
# 2
10-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
The boff layout, typical for an engineering-focused cruiser, means it lacks any damage potential whatsoever due to limited tactical abilities.
As with any eng-boff heavy cruisers, you can always turn it into a decent aux2bat ship...
Commander
# 3
10-22-2013, 01:37 PM
not with the cost of those duty officers lately, everyone's riding the aux2bat train.
Captain
# 4
10-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by telbasta7386 View Post
not with the cost of those duty officers lately, everyone's riding the aux2bat train.
Go to B'Tran.

It's also adorable that you think STO's stats care about model size at all.
Captain
# 5
10-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
As Stirling mentioned, B'tran. Ferra has 2 as well.

Even if you're buying them off of the exchange: whoever has the funds to aquire almsot 30 million EC worth of fleet modules to buy the Fleet Heavy Cruiser shouldn't have too much trouble coming up with ~5 million for 3 rare Techs either...
Captain
# 6
10-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Fed side technicians were 2m this morning
Chive on and prosper

Anarchy Nexus recruitment thread

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Commander
# 7
10-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
Fed side technicians were 2m this morning
What techs "in particular" am i looking for? I know marion is crazy expensive....
Captain
# 8
10-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Maybe you should have looked at the stats before buying
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 9
10-22-2013, 05:09 PM
You could buy some Uncommon/Green quality Auxiliary to Battery duty officers wile your waiting to get them from doing the B'Tran colonization missions. Uncommon/Green quality Auxiliary to Battery duty officers cost under 300,000 Energy Credits. If that is still to much for you Common/White quality ones are under 30,000 Energy Credits.

Commander Engineer: Emergency Power to Weapons I , Auxiliary to Battery I , Reverse Shield Polarity II , Directed Energy Modulation III

Lt. Commander Engineer: Emergency Power to Shields I , Auxiliary to Battery I , Eject Warp Plasma I or Aceton Beam I

Lieutenant Science: Hazard Emmiters I , Transfer Shield Strength II

Lieutenant Tactical: Tactical Team I , Attack Pattern Beta I

Ensign Tactical: Fire at Will I

Note: In the Future the ship with gain Cruiser Commands
Career Officer
# 10
10-22-2013, 07:39 PM
I don't see what all the misty eyes and tears are all about ...I tank just fine in it
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!