Lt. Commander
# 1 Private Group
01-30-2010, 03:32 AM
Yesterday I was playing with a friend from our game club. We formed a close group and started a patrol quest. However, whenever we entered a system, there were other players autojoined to our group. Will this be happening all over the game? Won't I be able to fly around just with 1 or 2 of my buddies and always have random strangers with us? For example, we had one occurance where such a stranger first grabbed all the anomalies in the system and only joined in the infight in the end for a bit. That means we did all the work and he finished the quest nontheless.

I wouldn't mind if I enter a system solo, but when I'm already in a group, why can others join? Especially when I form a closed group?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 03:33 AM
You could use the /lfg command to stop the auto grouping.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 03:37 AM
You can set your grouping option to be invite only, so you as leader for example can invite your friends and no one else can join.

I think its called status and is in the options next to the chat bar
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 03:37 AM
I don't think that would have worked. It stated something like "Adding player to Open Instacne Group" or similar. It seemed like the instance was overruling my closed group.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 03:58 AM
The game uses 5 person teams, so it might have just been filling the places.

Lifted from this thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88429

1. Step: Go to the “Social” --> ”Teamsetting” --> "Open Team” and toggle on “Closed Team”
2. Step: again “Social” --> ”Teamsetting” --> ”Invite Team” and choose “Request Invite”

if you make it a closed team it shouldn't try to fill the spaces, worth a try when the server is back up