Lt. Commander
# 1 Extreme Fail!!!
01-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Hi
I'd like to take this opportunity to express my extreme displeasure at the way I was DECEIVED into thinking that I would receive a head start weekend with my purchase of the collectors edition of this game. NO WHERE on this website or on the retailer's website (GameStop) was I told that I HAD to have taken part in the OPEN BETA of this game to receive this CODE to get my head start weekend. When I asked to get my money back for this purchase I was told that I could not as it had already been processed. So now not only I will NOT get the head start weekend that I purchased, but I will have a game that I will NOT play because I was deceived by FALSE advertisement!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypatiaCade View Post
Hi
I'd like to take this opportunity to express my extreme displeasure at the way I was DECEIVED into thinking that I would receive a head start weekend with my purchase of the collectors edition of this game. NO WHERE on this website or on the retailer's website (GameStop) was I told that I HAD to have taken part in the OPEN BETA of this game to receive this CODE to get my head start weekend. When I asked to get my money back for this purchase I was told that I could not as it had already been processed. So now not only I will NOT get the head start weekend that I purchased, but I will have a game that I will NOT play because I was deceived by FALSE advertisement!!!
Seriously? Can you take it down about 8 notches please from all this doom and gloom? I'm sure that IF your key that you should have been given isn't working, it's probably an easy fix. PM a mod or email support. I'm sure you can get it worked out and you can come play with the rest of us.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 01:28 PM
OP, it's stated that you have to preorder.

It's also stated you need the preorder key to get the headstart. This is sometimes referred to the Open Beta key.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Link to where you were told you'd get the bonuses would be given during headstarts.

Link to where it was explicitly stated they wouldn't be.
He's saying he's not able to play in the head start because he didn't play in the open beta, not that he's not getting his bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 01:30 PM
So many of these etards today I just need to make some whitty copy/paste post for quick reply
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 01:30 PM
You didn't have to participate the in the open beta to play in the head start. If you ordered it from Gamestop, you should have recieved a pre-order code that allowed you to participate in the open beta as well as the head start. Not sure what you are complaining about?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Get used to it Atari is involved.
Lt. Commander
# 8
TnT knows drama...
Lt. Commander
# 9
only 2 days differnce you can still get the game you should not quit the game because of 2 days differnce
Lt. Commander
# 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypatiaCade View Post
Hi
Who said you HAD to take part in beta? You could have just downloaded the client 2 weeks ago with said beta key and just not played it until this weekend. Just a few patches then you would have been good to go. Don't whine becuase you didn't think ahead or do proper research.