Lt. Commander
# 1 Head Start Issue Update
01-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Trouble with the Headstart? Read on for a quick update on the issues you've been reporting.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Cool thanks. Now what about an update on the have to redownload the game through Steam issue that has everyone all bitter? (including myself)
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 03:51 PM
All well, and good but I still can't connect. Keeping getting a Login server timed out error message. What is that all about.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Count me among the life-time subscribers who subscribed over well over 24 hours ago, but still can't make a Borg, no matter how many times I log in and out or restart the program. I've checked my list of available races every time, not there. Checked my C-store every time, not there.

I'm not worried, nor terribly upset, but I do hope the issue gets resolved soon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
Cool thanks. Now what about an update on the have to redownload the game through Steam issue that has everyone all bitter? (including myself)
I bet that one will go down to a Steam error... I can hardly believe that after updating the game yesterday, logging in and playing today, after a short log out steam decides i have to re-download the full game. seriously what a fraking joke.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 04:04 PM
how bout a new issue? I get the time out error still when logging in from the launcher. Now, when I try to log in from the login screen thats inside the running program i get disconnected from the account server... I have logged in 4 times successfully, have a toon created, made it through the tutorial and I am one step from completing the azura mission BUT I CAN"T LOG IN TO DO IT! I have been at this issue since my last disconnect at 1 PM PST (give or take 10 mins or so). I am not a lifetimer or a 12 month sub, but I am still a paying customer and anywhere else that I would get this kind of product would warrant a return of product and a refund (but personally I would rather a snappy fix of the problem for the hundreds of people with the same problem, so that we can get back to shoveling money your way to keep an otherwise awesome game running).
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Any word on the Wrath of Khan Admirals Uniform?
Lt. Commander
# 8 no borg yet
01-29-2010, 04:08 PM
please, can i have my borg toon now, i paided for the life time a few days ago and still can't make him and he isn't in the c store. you all already have my money, what else do u want before i can make my borg toon????
Lt. Commander
# 9 6 hours and counting...
01-29-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm one of the players who fall into the last group. I have tried all of the workarounds suggested and still cannot get the Liberated Borg.

That's not quite my main problem now as I cannot even log in as the Account Server seems to have gone to sleep.

J.

PS: Had the lifetime subscription for well over 24 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Yeah well thank's heaps for the 6 hour later update that does not include any information on why people that have purchased through steam are d/l 10 gig. I've played many MMO's and full well know the drama's that go with release days. There is usually a lot of frustrations involved and they are usually soothed over by a simple announcement from the developers saying "we know this issues and are working on a fix currently."
Maybe smooth over some ruffled feathers and explain to steam clients why they are getting screwed on early release. I mean yeah its kinda obvious something has gone wrong and every1 has to d/l STO again, but do you guys know about it? are u fixing it? is it going to do the same thing again when I try to play the game?
A little more info would be nice, I know you guys are busy but it only takes 1 dude 2 mins to make a quick announcement.

cheers and Good Luck