Career Officer
# 1 Rank on Forums
02-21-2014, 08:59 AM
Quick question, how do you advance in rank on the forums? I just noticed I was ensign, do I gain rank just through participating on the forum?
Career Officer
# 2
02-21-2014, 09:02 AM
I think it's simply that by X number of posts you get Y rank.
Captain
# 3
02-21-2014, 09:02 AM
Post count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlevelgod69 View Post
You're like a bad AI with no ability to question why you type these things down. Instead reacting like any scripted AI should. With conformity to the if-then-else logic you were scripted with.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
02-21-2014, 09:04 AM
Yes.

Unless you've bought a rom pack (either starter of full) or by being gold membership (don't have it myself, so I don't know for sure).

Then you'll be able to set your own title, like I did with mine (bought the starter pack).
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Super Moderator
# 5
02-21-2014, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
Yes.

Unless you've bought a rom pack (either starter of full) or by being gold membership (don't have it myself, so I don't know for sure).

Then you'll be able to set your own title, like I did with mine (bought the starter pack).
Lifetimers, those that bought the legacy of romulus pack, those over 1000 days gold have options to change their user title in the User CP.

Post rank (which is what ensign, lt, etc are) are yeah just done by post count and those are automatic with no way to change between them.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
02-21-2014, 12:10 PM
I paid the 2500 zen for the starter pack so I have the survivor title. Pretty good deal considering I basically just wanted the tier 5 T'varo and for just 500 zen more I got a load of other stuff. Never the less, I don't use the forum title. I'd rather be known for being a Captain than just a survivor.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=94154940000&dateline=  1390007378

His words might be few, but you know what he wants to say.