Captain
With today's patch notes, we see that the Constellation saucer is taken off the Heavy Cruiser (and variants) again. This leads to one inescapable conclusion: there is more.

Crypic is not in a habit of designing ship parts that are never used. They are obviously not intended for the Heavy Cruiser and co. That means they are used for a Heavy Cruiser refit. A Zen ship.

So, what do you think of this ship? My bet is that it comes with a T3 version of the Heavy Cruiser. As for T5, I'm not sure. We all know the Heavy Criser Retrofit for 200k fleet credits. So what will happen there?
Not knowing something isn't a sign of stupidity, not asking is.
WE NEED THE EXCELSIOR ERA BRIDGES INGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Undine of Ganalda - a forum light RP game
Proud leader of Delta Task Force
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2014, 01:23 AM
No doubt it is going to be a C-store Ship with the Picard maneuver console. And my bets is that she will be Science Cruiser / Star Cruiser.

Though while she is likely a Tier 3 ship, I can't help but to think she belongs in Tier 2 because the Cheyenne Heavy Cruiser was a successor, while the Constellation was one of the ships replacing the Consitution (Excelsior-class was another).
Lieutenant
# 3
02-20-2014, 01:35 AM
I need that ship so badly...

She's like the Millenium Falcon of the Star Trek franchise. That heavily modified, old, sometimes unreliable hero ship that's still got a surprise or two up its sleeve.
Career Officer
# 4
02-20-2014, 01:55 AM
I can't see a C-Store Constellation (which would be a Retrofit). Surely that ship is too old a design for such a status now? Either it'll be released as a low-level C-Store ship (in which case, it wont be utilized as much due to most players being endgame) or it'll be given to us through some mission or anniversary.

Not to restart an age old argument, but if we're not allowed a T5 Miranda or Constitution, then a T5 Constellation is (or at the very least, should be) out of the question also.
Captain
# 5
02-20-2014, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I can't see a C-Store Constellation (which would be a Retrofit). Surely that ship is too old a design for such a status now? Either it'll be released as a low-level C-Store ship (in which case, it wont be utilized as much due to most players being endgame) or it'll be given to us through some mission or anniversary.

Not to restart an age old argument, but if we're not allowed a T5 Miranda or Constitution, then a T5 Constellation is (or at the very least, should be) out of the question also.
Disagreed. The Constellation is younger than the Constitution/Miranda. It is around the same age as the Excelsior. True, she aged a little less gratiously as the Excelsior. But speaking of age, she just fit in. Its not exactly the Br'el or the T'vare (ships of TMP era and ENT era). And those are level 50 too.
Not knowing something isn't a sign of stupidity, not asking is.
WE NEED THE EXCELSIOR ERA BRIDGES INGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Undine of Ganalda - a forum light RP game
Proud leader of Delta Task Force
Lieutenant
# 6
02-20-2014, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmkota19 View Post
Disagreed. The Constellation is younger than the Constitution/Miranda. It is around the same age as the Excelsior. True, she aged a little less gratiously as the Excelsior. But speaking of age, she just fit in. Its not exactly the Br'el or the T'vare (ships of TMP era and ENT era). And those are level 50 too.
This and we shouldn't forget that at one point, the crew of a Galaxy-Class vessel was genuinely fearing for their lives when threatened by a rusty, old Stargazer with a single person on board.
Captain
# 7
02-20-2014, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyraidd View Post
No doubt it is going to be a C-store Ship with the Picard maneuver console. And my bets is that she will be Science Cruiser / Star Cruiser.

Though while she is likely a Tier 3 ship, I can't help but to think she belongs in Tier 2 because the Cheyenne Heavy Cruiser was a successor, while the Constellation was one of the ships replacing the Consitution (Excelsior-class was another).
Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately for some of us, STO regards technological evolution, as frivolous, and unnecessary.
Career Officer
# 8
02-20-2014, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmkota19 View Post
With today's patch notes, we see that the Constellation saucer is taken off the Heavy Cruiser (and variants) again. This leads to one inescapable conclusion: there is more.

Crypic is not in a habit of designing ship parts that are never used. They are obviously not intended for the Heavy Cruiser and co. That means they are used for a Heavy Cruiser refit. A Zen ship.

So, what do you think of this ship? My bet is that it comes with a T3 version of the Heavy Cruiser. As for T5, I'm not sure. We all know the Heavy Criser Retrofit for 200k fleet credits. So what will happen there?
I count my chicks after they hatch.
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Republic Veteran
# 9
02-20-2014, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkeatz View Post
This and we shouldn't forget that at one point, the crew of a Galaxy-Class vessel was genuinely fearing for their lives when threatened by a rusty, old Stargazer with a single person on board.
Because they did not want to kill Picard, not because the feared the ship.

Speculation, the ship will be a tier 3 ship with a Picard console that you can put on endgame ships the KDF and Roms will whine they did not get it, other players will whine that the ship is useless since its not endgame, other players will whine when there is a fleet version, then everyone will gather and beat a dead horse by talking about a t5 Connie.

Last edited by neoakiraii; 02-20-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Career Officer
# 10
02-20-2014, 10:31 AM
I'm going to guess as part of a future or planned episode or feature ep. Something likely relating to the next rep/starbase project group.