Lt. Commander
There are a lot of interesting things in the Tribble patch notes (18/10/13):

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post12980951

But this bit caught my eye:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
Reputation Sponsorship:

- Completing this Project will reward that T5 Character with a Sponsorship Token applicable to that Reputation.

- This Token is Bind-to-Account-on-Pickup, and is designed to be traded to other characters on your account via your Account Shared Bank.
So it looks like if you are F2P (i.e. have no free account shared slots) you'll have to buy some from the C-Store if you want to use this alt-part of the rep system. Basically buy slots just to be able to give 1 Sponsorship token to your alt to use. Is this intended or an oversight?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Looks like it's intentional. C-store is how this game makes money, after all, right?
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Career Officer
# 3
10-21-2013, 11:06 AM
I thought all accounts had a account bank. and you can make it bigger via c-store? i could be wrong i don't have a f2p account
Career Officer
# 4
10-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genemorph View Post
There are a lot of interesting things in the Tribble patch notes (18/10/13):

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post12980951

But this bit caught my eye:

So it looks like if you are F2P (i.e. have no free account shared slots) you'll have to buy some from the C-Store if you want to use this alt-part of the rep system. Basically buy slots just to be able to give 1 Sponsorship token to your alt to use. Is this intended or an oversight?
It's not JUST ONE TOKEN...

You can earn A Token for EACH Rep, once Any of your Toons hit T-5 in that Rep.

At the moment that's FOUR Tokens for the current Reps.

Plus, when your Alt reaches T-5 in a Rep, you again get the opportunity to earn tokens for further Alts.

The Account Bank is a GOLD/LTS Perk.. you wanna use it, you gotta pay for it.

Just buy One Month of Game Time, I believe you get to keep the Alt Bank slots once that expires (?).

At $15 bucks you get a lot of extra stuff that you can keep after the game time expires, instead of just buying the slots for $10.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 10-21-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Captain
# 5
10-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephdridgeway View Post
Looks like it's intentional. C-store is how this game makes money, after all, right?
Agreed, anything is better than nothing.....I suppose!
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Captain
# 6
10-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
It's not JUST ONE TOKEN...

You can earn A Token for EACH Rep, once Any of your Toons hit T-5 in that Rep.

At the moment that's FOUR Tokens for the current Reps.

Plus, when your Alt reaches T-5 in a Rep, you again get the opportunity to earn tokens for further Alts.
Once one of your alt gets to Tier 5, then they can earn as many tokens as you want. So if I had 40 alts, then I can get 160 tokens. The Tier 5 project can be run as many times as you want, but the Tier 0 project can only be run once per reputation per alt.
Captain
# 7
10-21-2013, 11:19 AM
If you use more than one toon for anything, you need an account bank.

The game is F2P at a basic level. Really it is more accurate to call it extended eval, sooner or later you have to give them some money to go beyond the introduction.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Except it does not take that long to get enough dilithium to buy those slots, through zen conversion. 8000 a day on 2 characters would only take roughly a week.
Captain
# 9
10-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Of course there is another option, that is ignore the never ending Reputation tracks.
Former Star Trek Online Player
Captain
# 10
10-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mll623 View Post
Except it does not take that long to get enough dilithium to buy those slots, through zen conversion. 8000 a day on 2 characters would only take roughly a week.
Or 2 weeks simply using 1 character. It's really not a big deal at all.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.