Lt. Commander
# 1 GameStop Preorder
01-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Preordered a digital copy from GameStop earlier today. The only email I got from them was a confirmation of the order.

Other people that used GameStop, did they email you the key straight away? The email says they will charge the account and give the key etc. on Feb 2nd..

I put in a help ticket but head start will probably be over before they reply to it.

Ideas? Plox <3
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylol View Post
Preordered a digital copy from GameStop earlier today. The only email I got from them was a confirmation of the order.

Other people that used GameStop, did they email you the key straight away? The email says they will charge the account and give the key etc. on Feb 2nd..

I put in a help ticket but head start will probably be over before they reply to it.

Ideas? Plox <3
I to ordered the DDE from Gamestop for me and my wife, and I got an email about 4 hours after with a preorder key. if you been in the beta because of a preorder key then your fine, if not, the first email i got from GS said if you dont hear anything about key in 24 hours contact them at the customer servers center. So call them or email them (but calling will probley get it to you faster)
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 03:59 PM
I called GS as well. Their CSRs are saying that the beta key will grant you headstart access and that the retail codes will be shipped to us on 2/2.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 04:09 PM
I got my beta key from one of the website give aways; only just decided to actually buy the game.

So that means... If you buy the game after open beta finished or during head start you don't actually have access to head start? Confirm/deny. If that's the case I'm going to cancel with GameStop :/

I'll give it another few hours. I don't live in the US so don't really want to call international unless I have to.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Bump

>_>

<_<

Anyone else having this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylol View Post

Ideas? Plox <3
Same thing here. I just got off the phone with them. The rep said he was going to send the request to the department that sends out the keys. I am not exactly sure what that means, however I will update here if I get it tonight.

Edit: You can either email them or call them help@gamestop.com or call (800) 883-8895. I am not sure how international rates work on 1800 numbers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 05:41 PM
I've been fighting with Gamestop about this all week.

Pre-ordered the digital download version on the 21st. After a day and a half...no key. I emailed them about it. They said they were out of keys.

I've been trying to cancel it ever since then. The download orders are handled by a 3rd party from what I was told, and nobody seems to want to take responsibility for it.

They're a bunch of crooks.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle View Post
I've been fighting with Gamestop about this all week.

Pre-ordered the digital download version on the 21st. After a day and a half...no key. I emailed them about it. They said they were out of keys.

I've been trying to cancel it ever since then. The download orders are handled by a 3rd party from what I was told, and nobody seems to want to take responsibility for it.

They're a bunch of crooks.
From what I understand of the relationship between Trymedia and Gamestop. Trymedia is their distribution network for their Digital Downloads. Conferring with the emails I have received all of them were from Trymedia. I can only assume that the Retail Key will be from them also. I specifically spoke with a rep from Trymedia this afternoon who stated that Gamestop is supposed to be sending the Preorder Key. When I called Gamestop about 40 minutes ago, the rep said he would have the request sent. I have a hinting suspicion this isn't going to be easy.

Sadly this is far more complicated then it needs to be. In the future, I am going to stick with Direct2Drive as they have never been a problem before and I have made multiple purchases from them.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Gamestop
01-29-2010, 06:06 PM

I've been less then impresses with GS.
I preordered STO on the 6 with a promise of OB key on the 11th. I got a confermation email from them on the 8th and soon started getting promo emails to.
The 11th came and no key. So I fired off some emails to them. Reading the forums people suggested going to GS and get a key, they had them in store. GS is not too far from me so off I went. I asked the sale kid what was up with the OB keys and he handed me one. I said you want proof I preordered. He said no.
Got an email reply from them asking for my address so could mail me what they promised. Huh??
I entered both keys and it says I have two preorders and lifetime.
Still at work, see what happens when I get home.
And we'll see how it goes on the second.
Prob won't be using them again.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Well on the upside I know never to use GameSpot again.

On the downside I want to fking play this game.