Lieutenant
# 11
10-23-2013, 04:00 PM
At the end, when you spawn, you should see the Klingon ship right off the bat.

As one person mentioned, use Evasive Maneuvers to get to him faster. Also, if that still doesn't get you close enough to start shooting at the ship, put all your power into your engines.

That in itself gives you an over-all speed boost. Once you catch the Klingon ship, you can put your power back into Shields, Weapons, or Aux (whichever it was before)

Then, pound away at the ship until its destroyed, and move on.

And I do have to agree, I'm not very fond of that mission either.

Edit: You can put main power into Engines at the beginning of the mission as well to help you get through faster.
Rihannsu
# 12
10-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwetacodeath View Post
At the end, when you spawn, you should see the Klingon ship right off the bat.

As one person mentioned, use Evasive Maneuvers to get to him faster. Also, if that still doesn't get you close enough to start shooting at the ship, put all your power into your engines.

That in itself gives you an over-all speed boost. Once you catch the Klingon ship, you can put your power back into Shields, Weapons, or Aux (whichever it was before)

Then, pound away at the ship until its destroyed, and move on.

And I do have to agree, I'm not very fond of that mission either.

Edit: You can put main power into Engines at the beginning of the mission as well to help you get through faster.
It's definitely different. I like that. I can however understand why it frustrates people.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 13
10-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Finished it in four minutes.

When I spawned in ("Continue" from the Sector Map where I'd been reset after logging last time)... I reappeared RIGHT at the asteroid base, facing the Klingon ship.

It was ~15km away already and I gave chase. Evasive got me a little closer, but then I popped an Engine battery and ZOOM, I was on him in no time flat. Quick fight, done with.

First time I used the engine battery --- nice speed boost they give!

Thanks for all the help, here!
Captain
# 14
10-23-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm glad it worked out for you. I told you it was easy-peasy.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Ensign
Like the title says, I cant open Briar Patch, I can fly there easy, but when I try to enter, is says, Server not responding, and that is is trying to patch a file....then the second counter starts.

The most I've let it go for was 30 minutes, I have quit the game, waited several hours, then started it again, and I still get the same thing.

Please help