Lt. Commander
# 1 Early start or new open beta?
01-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Disconnections from server, cannot transfer character errors....

I am having trouble deciding if this is the early start or a new beta?

Can someone clear this up? (screaming sarcasm!)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Why not both? an early start into an open beta

Just kidding. I would say it's normal for a launch day. Even blizzard with it's enormous resources always has problems with the game on patch days (queues, lag, disconnections, you name it). I'm thinking it's one of those things that we simply can't avoid in MMOs

I would hope this improves quickly though, or Cryptic will be in a jam...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raximillian
...or Cryptic will be in a jam...
yeah, this is still beta. oops you, cryptic. there are still flashing shadows, characters still have horrendous pathfinding, there are errors and typos in the character creator (i can make a bajoran with borg ears? wtf that's new), shift key doesn't sprint (this one has been around since beta day 1), camera gets stuck in aim mode, corpses in the hallways still have open eyes and they look around even though they are "dead"...

i can turn this into a wall of text. 500,000 bug tickets and 2.5 weeks and we're still in beta day 2 as far as i am concerned.

AA doesn't work.

part of my gameplay feedback about general gameplay, which is directly in line with the forum topic: fix it before people start holding on to their money for SW:TOR, also high profile, not as likely to be a complete relaunch of champions online, as this is.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Releeshahn View Post
: fix it before people start holding on to their money for SW:TOR, also high profile, not as likely to be a complete relaunch of champions online, as this is.
I just work, then i can afford both...