Captain
Serioulsy, i think we have come to a point where abilities and other things don't need a graphical representation in space or (ground) anymore.

Just some ranodom images:

Is anyone supposed to get bearings anymore?

Abilites that only appy to the player needn't be shown at all, and the rest should be toggable or at least reduceable.
Serioulsy this doesn't look like space combat anymore it's more like WOW on steroids, lol.

I know it's supposed to help PvPers to see what the enemy is doing, but come on guys it's simply too much and doesn't help anymore.

What do other players think about this issue?
Alright, maybe i'm the only one, but it really gets confusing by now imo.
"...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--"
- Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie
Captain
# 2
05-15-2015, 12:49 AM
I agree

Its getting to a point where we need a options tab where all abilitys need a box to turn animations on and off

Some of these animations look so cartoony there really downgrading the game too

What good is it to have superior graphics on a ship when you add these cartoon effects in ?
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-15-2015, 01:00 AM
Agreed there's so much going on it becomes distracting
Captain
# 4
05-15-2015, 01:53 AM
I agree. Effects should be able to be toggled on and off. Or make an alternative version so effects that are relevant for all players are displayed in a more subtle, lore friendly way, like an LCARS overlay/frame with a brief indication on what happened.
The stories (of Star Trek) were about the human pursuit for a better world, a better way of being, the next step up the ladder of sentience. The stories weren't about who we were going to fight, but who we were going to make friends with. It wasn't about defining an enemy -- it was about creating a new partnership. - David Gerrold
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-15-2015, 08:49 AM
Agreed. Let's end the acid trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
[...] but it's saucer is the um. . . frank, and the deflector/hull that is the er. . . beans. [...]
Career Officer
# 6
05-15-2015, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post

Wow! That is some technicolor spam right there. Talk about "taste the rainbow."

See my suggestions at: FACTION REVAMP; BRIDGE OFFICER DEVELOPMENT
Commander
# 7
05-15-2015, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post

That is distracting. It's like the space equivalent of the party amplifier.

"No matter where you go...there you are."
Career Officer
# 8
05-15-2015, 11:51 AM
Can't wait to add in those awesome new starship emotes!
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92535997000&dateline=  1417572837
Commander
# 9
05-15-2015, 12:11 PM
Agree completely.

An option to turn down various effects, as well as all off, would be very welcome.

I don't ever recall Star Trek in the movies or in the series resembling anything of the sort. This is science fiction for a reason.

I've played other Science Fiction games before and despite their own complexities they don't need to resort to spamming the entire screen every second in combat to inform you something that an already-existing icon set does, or some other UI that provides the necessary info.
♥ ◦.. ◦'`. Voyager .'◦.. ◦ ♡
Ensign
# 10
05-15-2015, 01:29 PM
I could not agree more. I have always hated, and wished for a way to turn off all the silly cartoon icons flying around. In no way, shape, or form does it look like an epic space battle from any sci-fi series, or movie (let alone star trek).

the undine battle zone is of course one of the worst offenders. On top of all these crazy disco cartoon effects you have undine snot bubbles and portals, combined with ships teleporting all over the place. Its even better when you complete an objective and all your enemies just fade out of existence.