Republic Veteran
# 1301
05-10-2014, 04:00 AM
Everything in this article, except for the one or two pieces that are already in the game.

Oh, and CROSS-FACTION, all of it.
Lt. Commander
# 1302
05-10-2014, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsbrethren View Post
It's not technically a costume, but I'm not sure I can express how much I'd love to see TOS Federation communicators added, with corresponding sounds and animations to replace the combadge animation when using it.

This would be awesome.

Tie it in to the badges used, so if TOS badges use TOS communicator, likewise for Ent, TMP and TWOK badges/patches.

Add tricorders in the style too.

And while I'm wishing, how about some weapons to match the era uniforms too? We have the TOS phasers but I think we're missing TMP, TWOK and Ent stuff. The standard issue phasers are close-ish for TNG/DS9/Voy.
Commander
# 1303
05-10-2014, 12:23 PM
To add to my last post, we should have off-duty outfits that are more fantasy then sci-fi, not chainmail bikinis obviously(already have those anyway), instead more like the rom senate robe, Tabards, Dolmans, something with detached sleeves. Maybe look around on some art sites.
Lt. Commander
# 1304
05-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captz1pp View Post
To add to my last post, we should have off-duty outfits that are more fantasy then sci-fi...
Well, I honestly don't see why not. Some amusing cross-pollination with other games under the Arc/PW portfolio is possible... in this vein I'd already pointed to various Torchlight 2 armor styles ((un)common; rare; unique - French language, but easy enough to navigate), and surely other MMOs (Champions, Jade Dynasty, and the under-development Swordsman) have much to offer...

Oh, and thanks for reminding me to dust off the senate robes again.
Captain
# 1305
05-10-2014, 02:27 PM
Andorian Imperial Guard uniforms, please!
Lt. Commander
# 1306
05-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaster29 View Post
Andorian Imperial Guard uniforms, please!

Accessorries too! Andorian dueling ice axes would be cool.
Career Officer
# 1307
05-10-2014, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callevista View Post
Great suggestions. Keep'em coming
Theta Radiation scars pack. Based on Trip/etc.

One episode of Voyager ("Coda") had Janeway's dad in a hybrid TNG S1/WoK jacket. It might be another wacky admiral coat but I like to think it was the official uniform at one point. Maybe in a two pack with the no-collar WoK variants and/or WoK enlisted uniforms.

Likewise Garth of Izar's suit. It was reused as something we saw dignitaries in but may or may not be a uniform from before The Cage. It has some really crazy details if you have the fur coat and crown as optional pieces.

"Live Fast and Prosper" fake Starfleet uniforms, faction free. (The whole point is that they're a bad copy.)

Wesley's acting ensign uniform with the three department color rainbow stripe. (This often gets misread visually as Wesley's bad fashion sense. I gather that it deliberately had three department colors to indicate he worked in all departments.)

I'd also like to see Mirror Kirk tanktop and belt (his belt wrap was tied on the other side), the ability to properly display the Mirror combadge on the right on MU uniforms along with medals.

Hair styles, particularly short ones for men and preferably with the angled sideburns almost all Starfleet officers had on the shows. (They even painted them on or used prosthetics to make sure guest stars had them, including non-Starfleet officers.) I always really dug how they styled people in Trials and Tribble-ations to look era appropriate. It would rock if you looked at Madmen for reference (with V sideburns) because they have a lot of short retro-classic men's haircuts without dipping into silly perms and stuff that got dated. While I wouldn't object to a Shatner style or two either.

More totally receded hairstyles for Klingons and Cardassians. I'd like to see long chin-length hairstyles that don't curve around. Your bald long hair styles currently tend to clip with collars, especially in motion but wouldn't as much if they were more restrained in the back.

The horseshoe. The Doctor had it, Picard had it, Pressman had it. It's a great "square" hairstyle.

TNG Admiral coat ala the one worn by Pressman and Riker. AGT Admiral coat. These both seem like they could build off the work done on the DS9 Admiral coat.

2410 Mirror Odyssey. It would be nice if these guys got proper TE badges on the right side, got away from pips (Mirror rank insignia was always different) and got into medals, epaulets, bare midriffs, vest wearing captains, etc. One thing I've also been toying with for a long time is the idea of Mirror MACO gear which is a pretty sure Lobi "upgrade" you could do like the Jem'Hadar set. Take MACO but spin it off in a Roman direction with alusions to centurions and gladiators. Something that evokes the feather headpiece, bare arms, maybe a skirt. Strip down the MACO gear and make it Roman.
Career Officer
# 1308
05-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Uniforms

Wells: Braxtons original uniform from Futures End.
This is the same uniform as the one from Relativity. Just don't display rank pips and go for more vivid colors. Same badge even.

Though I wouldn't be opposed AT ALL to more future variants in the vein of the Korath. 29th century versions of all kinds of other costumes.

Personally, my big request with all of these is to make them faction unlocked. They're from the future. Whenever we see the future on Trek, it's quite common to see futures where empires have shifted. They had a Xindi serving on the Enterprise-J.

So I don't see why the Korath can't be open to Feds or the Wells can't be open to Romulans or Klingons, even if it's just access through an added dropdown (in addition to its placement in the uniform section for Feds).

We're talking crew/captains/costumes from a parallel future. Anyone could be working for anyone in a possible future. I can get maybe Feds only being able to mix and match it because of design limits but you could have it ALSO accessible via separate dropdown so KDF or Romulans can use it by itself.

It's a source of frustration for Romulans anyway since they can buy them but can only dress BOs in them.

Oh... And howabout Vorgon?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Vorgon

Also... I'll toss out there a Halloween idea:

Masks.

It's a new head dropdown. When selected, you get the options and limitations of that species.

It would be fairly easy to populate out with basic stuff (I can see human, Klingon, Gorn, Caitian, Vulcan, Ferengi, and Nausicaan being popular) but could also be a way to get players some things like Jem'Hadar heads, Hirogen heads, etc. You don't have to worry about the full body being accurate when in swimwear and the complexion could be setup separate from the body, to stop at the neck. Since it's a mask.

Great Halloween or New Year's item.
Lt. Commander
# 1309
05-11-2014, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Personally, my big request with all of these is to make them faction unlocked. They're from the future. Whenever we see the future on Trek, it's quite common to see futures where empires have shifted...

We're talking crew/captains/costumes from a parallel future. Anyone could be working for anyone in a possible future.
Quite true. There're also parallel presents... recall the alternate Klingons seen in the 'Parallel Lives' two-off...
Captain
# 1310
05-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
This is the same uniform as the one from Relativity. Just don't display rank pips and go for more vivid colors. Same badge even.
Not quite. It's tunic is a dark red not black and the department colour is the same material as the rest of it, rather than the quilted material from Relativity.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.