Lt. Commander
# 391
07-13-2010, 06:36 AM
ADMIRAL'S UNIFORM!!!!!!! When have you EVER seen an admiral in star trek, ware line officers uniform. WHEN????? NEVER THAT'S WHEN!!!!! ADMIRALS UNIFORM NOW!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 392
07-13-2010, 07:57 PM
TNG Film Uniform - Sans Jacket (I.E. just the colored top underneath, like Picard wore during certain scenes of First Contact), also VESTS... like what Scotty wore in "Relics". Also like the one Picard wore in First Contact (Basically it was just his red command top and a gray vest, not his jacket).
Lt. Commander
# 393
07-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Star Trek Countdown and Early STO uniforms:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/st...comparison.jpg

Nice, smooth textures..modern looking but not too modern. Alot of the basic designs in STO are absolotely terrible. I cant assign a single fleet uniform to my fleet that looks halfway decent because the only uniform that can be made a fleet uniform that can even be deemed wearable is the TNG film one.
Lt. Commander
# 394
07-21-2010, 05:52 PM
I wasn’t able to read through all forty pages of this thread, so I don’t know if any of these have been suggested before, but:
1- A MacGyver-type hairstyle. The first time I made a character, I was trying to make it look like myself (a true test of any character creator!) and I was disappointed at how few options there were for curly hair. Perhaps this could be added as part of a “more hairstyles” pack in the Cryptic Store?
2- Both knee-length and floor-length skirts for female officers.
3- As someone mentioned earlier, vests. And not just uniform vests- tool vests, suit vests, etc.

I’m not sure if this counts as a costume idea, but it would be nice to have the ability (Perhaps through the C-store?) to change the appearance of Kits. Not just hide or show them, but to change the overall appearance of shown kits.
For example: You have the Original Series uniform equipped. You by the Original Series Kit option, equip the kit, right-click hit “Change appearance”. You get a little dialog box with the options to hide, show, or show as TOS. You hit “Show as TOS” and your kit now appears held in a phaser belt similar to those used in TOS: “The Galileo Seven”.
An additional option could cause your kit to appear as a normal TNG/DS9 tricorder/phaser belt. (without the odd shoulder bits the current Kits possess)
Lt. Commander
# 395
07-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
Star Trek Countdown and Early STO uniforms:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/st...comparison.jpg

Nice, smooth textures..modern looking but not too modern. Alot of the basic designs in STO are absolotely terrible. I cant assign a single fleet uniform to my fleet that looks halfway decent because the only uniform that can be made a fleet uniform that can even be deemed wearable is the TNG film one.
I second that!!
Lt. Commander
# 396
07-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Two requests that may seem a bit odd:

1. Stubble-less faces for males. All the basic humanoid male faces have stubble. This is extremely limiting when trying to create scaled or androgynous characters (see my sig). It is also strange, because how often did you actually see a scruffy Vulcan or Andorian in Star Trek.

2. Smaller breast size for females. While female chests can get quite small, I feel it would create more interesting characters if the slider went all the way to flat-chested. Again, it would make it easier to make Androgynous characters and reptilians, and Saurian women with breasts just look plain strange to me!

Not overly complicated changes, but things that would add to the customizing options of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 397
07-28-2010, 10:45 AM
-I would like to see the "Captain's Variant TNG uniform" as some have called it. I think that that would be great.
-Also, for different clothing types for off-duty outfits.
Lt. Commander
# 398 ENT + 29th cent. uniforms
07-28-2010, 11:02 AM
- Starfleet Uniforms from Star Trek: Enterprise
- 29th century Starfleet Uniform (USS Relativity)
- All Good Things/Endgame future uniform

Btw, the existing uniforms/clothes are already really cool. Thank you, Devs, for this great game!
Lt. Commander
# 399
07-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Klingon Males need access to Gauntlets 03, not just Females.
Lt. Commander
# 400
07-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Great work with the new outfits! Major kudos to the design team