Lt. Commander
# 771
03-06-2012, 05:28 AM
Just wanted to repost my list of uniform wants again and I'll keep posting it until Cryptic does something about them:

• "The Cage" / "Where No Man Has Gone Before" Uniforms

• More Uniform Variants and Rank Insignias for the uniforms seen in ST II to ST VII and several episodes of TNG ("Yesterday's Enterprise", "Family", "Tapestry", etc.)

• TNG Seasons 1 - 2 Uniforms

• TNG Seasons 1 - 7 Dress Uniforms

• Sash for Federation Klingons

• Captain Picard's Vest from Star Trek: First Contact

• Non-Commissioned Officers Rank Insignia as worn by O'Brien from DS9 Seasons 4 - 7

• Provisional Officers Rank Insignia as worn by the Maquis in VOY Seasons 1 - 7

• Admiral's Uniforms from TNG Season 1 through to Star Trek Nemesis

• Starfleet Dress Uniforms from DS9 episode "You Are Cordially Invited" (slightly different from previous dress uniforms because of their quilted shoulders, gold around the sleve cuffs, and Federation belt)

Thank you Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 772
03-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
[*]Admiral's Uniforms from TNG Season 1 through to Star Trek Nemesis
You might one to change that to TNG Season 1 through to Star Trek First Contact seeing as the DS9 Dominion War Admiral Uniform is the one from Insurrection and Nemesis
Lt. Commander
# 773
03-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
You might one to change that to TNG Season 1 through to Star Trek First Contact seeing as the DS9 Dominion War Admiral Uniform is the one from Insurrection and Nemesis
You are absolutely right. I totally forgot that one had joined the tailor options. Cheers.

• "The Cage" / "Where No Man Has Gone Before" Uniforms

• More Uniform Variants and Rank Insignias for the uniforms seen in ST II to ST VII and several episodes of TNG ("Yesterday's Enterprise", "Family", "Tapestry", etc.)

• TNG Seasons 1 - 2 Uniforms

• TNG Seasons 1 - 7 Dress Uniforms

• Sash for Federation Klingons

• Captain Picard's Vest from Star Trek: First Contact

• Non-Commissioned Officers Rank Insignia as worn by O'Brien from DS9 Seasons 4 - 7

• Provisional Officers Rank Insignia as worn by the Maquis in VOY Seasons 1 - 7

• Admiral's Uniforms from TNG Season 1 through to Star Trek First Contact

• Starfleet Dress Uniforms from DS9 episode "You Are Cordially Invited" (slightly different from previous dress uniforms because of their quilted shoulders, gold around the sleve cuffs, and Federation belt)

Thank you Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 774
03-06-2012, 08:05 AM
The Maco and Omega uniforms unlocked with MkX kit.

Customiseable armour like styles, pockets, backpacks, holsters, camo etc. and helmets would be a bonus.

Oh and i'd like to see the unused secondary weapon on the officer instead of it just dissappearing. Like having a secondary sniper rifle slung over your shoulder while using a pistol.
Lt. Commander
# 775
03-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashman7286 View Post
The Maco and Omega uniforms unlocked with MkX kit.

Customiseable armour like styles, pockets, backpacks, holsters, camo etc. and helmets would be a bonus.

Oh and i'd like to see the unused secondary weapon on the officer instead of it just dissappearing. Like having a secondary sniper rifle slung over your shoulder while using a pistol.
Seconded!!! And I think that the devs have said that they are actually working on the weapons actually being visible on the officers rather than disappearing so, hopefully soon, we'll see pistols on the hip and rifles over the shoulder.
Lt. Commander
# 776
03-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Seconded!!! And I think that the devs have said that they are actually working on the weapons actually being visible on the officers rather than disappearing so, hopefully soon, we'll see pistols on the hip and rifles over the shoulder.
This will be cool but there is a possible cannon explanation for this. With transporter tech becoming more and more prolific, starfleet manages to make portable versions of transporter for small items. First developed by crew of the USS Voyager (in the game Star Trek Elite Force), hazard team members are able to carry wide ranges of equipment by using portable transporter buffer built into their armor. This negate the mass of what ever the team are carrying, improving on mobility and lessen exhaustion.

So, if they are not going to holsters or weapons sling behind the back, they should at least make some beaming effects while changing weapons or taking out the tricorder.
Lt. Commander
# 777
03-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archofwinter
This will be cool but there is a possible cannon explanation for this. With transporter tech becoming more and more prolific, starfleet manages to make portable versions of transporter for small items. First developed by crew of the USS Voyager (in the game Star Trek Elite Force), hazard team members are able to carry wide ranges of equipment by using portable transporter buffer built into their armor. This negate the mass of what ever the team are carrying, improving on mobility and lessen exhaustion.

So, if they are not going to holsters or weapons sling behind the back, they should at least make some beaming effects while changing weapons or taking out the tricorder.
Its been a long, looooong time since I've played the Elite Force games but I do vaguely recall there being a sort of diagram of the hazard suit on the main menu that explained something about a portable transporter or replicator that enabled them to have all they needed without having to carry everything. Of course those games were set some 30-years before STO so who knows what sort of advancements were made in that area but it does seem likely they'd make the tech more widely available beyond the hazard teams.

I wonder what Lara Croft used to keep her ammo from running out without the aid of a transporter or replicator...?
Lt. Commander
# 778
03-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Its been a long, looooong time since I've played the Elite Force games but I do vaguely recall there being a sort of diagram of the hazard suit on the main menu that explained something about a portable transporter or replicator that enabled them to have all they needed without having to carry everything. Of course those games were set some 30-years before STO so who knows what sort of advancements were made in that area but it does seem likely they'd make the tech more widely available beyond the hazard teams.

I wonder what Lara Croft used to keep her ammo from running out without the aid of a transporter or replicator...?
Lara Croft has her bra, god knows her cleavage is a wormhole.
Lt. Commander
# 779
03-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archofwinter
Lara Croft has her bra, god knows her cleavage is a wormhole.
ROFL Nice one.
Lt. Commander
# 780
03-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:

The "transporter buffer" was, IMHO, the dumbest thing on the actually decent Elite Force games An excuse for holding 10+ weapons wouldn't be necessary, it's just how a shooter game worked back then (now, we can only hold two weapons in every game ). Remember the scene when they even pulled their space-helmets out of their asses erm... buffers? XD