Lt. Commander
# 1 mixed species
01-29-2010, 04:30 PM
I want my first character to be three fourths Andorian and one fourth Vulcan with his Vulcan grandmother raising him. I want him to be identified as Andorian but the only way to give him Andorian with some Vulcan attributes (physical strength, mental powers and of course pointed ears) is to make the character classified as 'Alien'. Spock was half human and half Vulcan and he identifed as Vulcan.

I guess my point of this posting would be, has anyone else wanted to create a mixed species character and what did you do to make that happen?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Putting him as "alien" is just another way of saying "Species Unknown". There should be a biography section that everyone can see. There you can put the information you stated.
That's what I would do anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
Putting him as "alien" is just another way of saying "Species Unknown". There should be a biography section that everyone can see. There you can put the information you stated.
That's what I would do anyway.
Actually, I believe the "Unknown" part should be modifiable during creation. That way if you have a name for your made up alien species (mine are the Saragians) you can display it there.

You can already create a bio for your character and list all of the species in their genealogy but that's not quite the same thing.

Edit: I rolled my half-Vulcan, Blackavaar using the Vulcan species. That way he has those abilities automatically. But you can choose abilities to simulate the cross between a Vulcan and an Andorian in the Unknown species selection.

Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 11:19 PM
It's a video games. They can't possibly add every conceivable variation to accommodate everyone's unique RP concept. Work with the tools they gave us.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 11:37 PM
No where in my post did I ask the devs to change or modify the character creator. I mentioned what type of character I wanted to build and I was asking other players what they did to get a similar type of character.