Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Klingons start with a green heavy disruptor cannon 2, and a green shield 2.

It's not much considering my fed got a blue quantum torp launcher in Starbase 24 at level 4.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Our ground gear kinda stinks, though. Feds will have (at least) a sniper rifle, a stun pistol and a kit of their choosing. Klingons get a bat'leth, which is pretty circumstantial, to put it nicely, an exploit pistol which I really can't stand and a starter kit not of their choosing.

Although the good news for us is that ground equipment is relatively cheap to upgrade.

But yeah, our ship equipment is pretty decent now. Although I'll have to check my shield -- I can't imagine it's as good as the 3600 point shield my Fed got at like level 3.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
But yeah, our ship equipment is pretty decent now. Although I'll have to check my shield -- I can't imagine it's as good as the 3600 point shield my Fed got at like level 3.
It's Not I grabbed one of the quest rewards from my fed toon and put it on my Klink Mk2 cov shield and compaired it to our pvp mk4 and the mk2 is better by about 70 points
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aior
Show me some of this gear. Screen shots are possible of this? Not sure because everytime I seem to be taking a SS the HUD auto hides. :/

I have won SB 24 a few times and have yet to get anything equal to the Klingon starter gear by simply creating a character.
Dude how could you not have seen everyone linking all the blues they got?
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 01:13 AM
ok, let me get this straight-someone's complaining about the gear Klingons start out with. okay, keep in mind, that for a Klingon player to even be unlocked, you have to play a federation Tutorial and 3-6 hours of Federation gameplay (they unlock at level 6). i'm not much for Federation PvE, i just kinda fly through it not trying to get much gear, but just to get to my Klingon toon, but i did notice their was gear (for ships and avatars) as quest rewards even in these low-level quests. you dont gget to transfer this gear to your Klingon, but, hey it doesnt have to make sense long as it makes dollars am i right?

so, the solution to this would be....dont start out Klingons with any gear? let them grind PvP for it? or, i dunno, let the Klingons start out at level 1 and get all their own gear up to level 6? instead of just handing us gear? oh, wait we dont have any pve missions that give out gear as a reward? so, what then?

what next will Federation players choose to dissect and examine as overpowered about an incomplete-as-of-release faction?

this is sad.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aior
Ok some Klingons were nice enough to post some things they get.

It is pretty much green MK II gear across the board as one said.

So this means that most fed players are going in with white and green MK I gear while Klingons are walking in with much better gear. The first tier is insanely off balanced right now unless you update Wildman's quest reward to give similar gear.

We are talking about games where we see Klingons with 30-50k damage. While on the Fed side you would be lucky to see someone break 10k. This is not a matter of "skill" or anything else but better gear for the ships.

On this same note. Why does Federation PvP gear MKII require Lt. Cmmdr rank? Does the Klingon PvP gear have this same issue? From what I have seen the starter gear for Klingons is equal to the MK II green gear.

But that is probably a bug, why does MK II pvp gear of a Lt. Cmder requirement? Same for Klingons?
Completely agree. Something is up with the low level PVP balance. I can shoot at a Klingon ship over and over with full power to weapons and barely scratch the sheilds, yet kingon ships can easily go through my sheilds. 4 Kingons vs. 1 fed ends in a quick death as the teir 1 ship folds faster than superman on laundry day. The Klingon ships stay around for a good 30 seconds until the shields finally go out. You're also dead on about the scores. Klingons are obviously putting out way more power and possibly tanking way more than their fed counterparts. Needs to be balanced.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 03:01 AM
Here we go. The first federation whine with no basis in imbalance.

We got two green items, rest are whites. If you don't have that on your fed toon by level 6, you didn't play the game.
The only difference between klingons and federation players is that all the hardcore pvp fans who KNOW HOW TO MAXIMIZE THEIR EFFICIENCY IN PVP rolled klingons, and now all the federation players think its imbalance when in fact it's just them stinking up the place.

The reason our shields don't go down is because we use science teams, rotate shield frequency and help each other out. I haven't seen a fed player do more healing than anyone on my team yet. You guys don't focus fire. That's why you do 10k damage and we do 30-50k damage - we stay alive in fights, you die. That has nothing to do with gear or faction, and everything to do with you not playing properly.

It's easy blaming the game, because that means its not you. But it is you.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 03:21 AM
Yes that's clearly it, all the klingons are experts at PvP and not 1 fed can PvP at all. I mean all that experience during beta clearly made you all professionals, and clearly anyone that was a professional PvPer rolled Klingon. I mean really, you think the feds aren't doing the same thing? Of course we're using engineer buffs for our shields. I'm also pretty sure I'm not the only one who changes my shields around. The difference is that when I use power to the shields and rotate my shields I still lose them well before a Klingon vessel does. I mean I'm firing lvl2 phasers, broadside to get both arrays in play, and I'm hardly denting the enemies shields. Meanwhile I can't even keep my shields up even with Power to the Shields, moving shield power, and keeping more powerful shields forwards (and indication I'm unable to keep my shields up being that I have to physically change shields)

You also say Feds don't focus fire yet I've seen it and do it myself. Again going back to the 4 v 1 scenarios there is a clear difference between 4 Klingon vs 4 fed. It's not that the feds aren't shooting, it's something else that causes Klingon ships to take on focus fire much, much better than fed ships.

In the end when the Fed standard for random teams is that everyone has well under 10k damage done and the Klingon stand is well over 10k damage done you know there's a balance problem. Well, then again I guess you could continue with the belief that all Klingons are PvP pros with a month experience under their belt and all Feds are totally new to PvP, well except me because I also PvPed in beta. I guess I'm the one person with prior PvP experience who didn't roll Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone_Flavored_Gum
Yes that's clearly it, all the klingons are experts at PvP and not 1 fed can PvP at all. I mean all that experience during beta clearly made you all professionals, and clearly anyone that was a professional PvPer rolled Klingon. I mean really, you think the feds aren't doing the same thing? Of course we're using engineer buffs for our shields. I'm also pretty sure I'm not the only one who changes my shields around. The difference is that when I use power to the shields and rotate my shields I still lose them well before a Klingon vessel does. I mean I'm firing lvl2 phasers, broadside to get both arrays in play, and I'm hardly denting the enemies shields. Meanwhile I can't even keep my shields up even with Power to the Shields, moving shield power, and keeping more powerful shields forwards (and indication I'm unable to keep my shields up being that I have to physically change shields)
Damage is always superior to defensive power setting, that's probably why you lose and probably why your shields go down before his does.

Quote:
You also say Feds don't focus fire yet I've seen it and do it myself. Again going back to the 4 v 1 scenarios there is a clear difference between 4 Klingon vs 4 fed. It's not that the feds aren't shooting, it's something else that causes Klingon ships to take on focus fire much, much better than fed ships.
As I said, we work together to keep our allies alive better than you do. I rarely (almost never) see a fed ship healed. Klingons get tons of heals because its what rules pvp at the moment. Look at the healing done after a game.

Quote:
In the end when the Fed standard for random teams is that everyone has well under 10k damage done and the Klingon stand is well over 10k damage done you know there's a balance problem. Well, then again I guess you could continue with the belief that all Klingons are PvP pros with a month experience under their belt and all Feds are totally new to PvP, well except me because I also PvPed in beta. I guess I'm the one person with prior PvP experience who didn't roll Klingon.
First of all, klingons are much more likely to be teamed in pvp before the game because we actually care about winning. Second of all, I never said that "everyone with experience" played klingon. I said that all the hardcore pvp players "WHO KNOW HOW TO MAXIMIZE THEIR EFFICIENCY IN PVP" rolled klingon. By your own admission, running defensive power setting just for starters, you are not one of them.

Now I can tell you why I think everything I've written is correct: Because good fed players don't lose with such huge margins. We've had plenty of those games. You not being in those is another indicator of your ability to maximize your efficiency (low).
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 03:37 AM
Err, there's also the fact that klingons mostly use cannons and you use beam arrays, cannons do more damage, further the kling shields really aren't that strong as to be invincible. they may be spider tanking, see any funny icons pop up on their ships when they are being invincible?

Also it's not that klingons are the best pvpers ever, but people rolling them now are likely the ones who did lots of pvp throughout beta are more accustomed to working together being -REQUIRED- to win vs the simple yet effective fed group hug.

They may have mailed over a bunch of blues farmed at SB24 like I intend to do also.

The only other explanation is it's a bug.