Lt. Commander
# 1 getting into head start
01-29-2010, 06:33 PM
I purchased a copy of the game from Amazon because pre-ordering was suppose to give me access to the head start, but now it seems like I won't get my game and therefore the key until after the regular release.

What did I do wrong? can I still get in?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 06:42 PM
do you have a key from amazon?

if no, well look into that

if yes, you can register your account on the main sto site (at least could) and then download form them
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Amazon UK was only offering preorder beta/headstart codes to customers who ordered before the 7th of January. Customers ordering after the 7th would not receive beta/headstart access. This was stated on the Amazon website.

I'm not sure about Amazon US, but I think they had a similar cutoff date.

If you ordered before 7th January from Amazon, you should have received a code in your e-mail. If you ordered after...well, technically you're out of luck.

In practice, some folks have been able to pester Amazon until they did receive access codes.

Some folks have also been able to get headstart access by going directly to STO customer service with proof of purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acyl View Post
Amazon UK was only offering preorder beta/headstart codes to customers who ordered before the 7th of January. Customers ordering after the 7th would not receive beta/headstart access. This was stated on the Amazon website.

If you ordered before 7th January from Amazon, you should have received a code in your e-mail. If you ordered after...well, technically you're out of luck.

In practice, some folks have been able to pester Amazon until they did receive access codes.

Some folks have also been able to get headstart access by going directly to STO customer service with proof of purchase.

Thank you very much, Acyl.

I did order after 1-7, but for crying out loud, I linked there from the STO site because it promised to let me into the head start, and Amazon was the first link listed!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acyl View Post

I pre-ordered after Jan 7th with Amazon US. I haven't tried to login as I have been at work, but will post any info in about 1.5 hours. It says on my account on the forums, I have Head-Start access. Guess I'll see then.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter.Treysik
I pre-ordered after Jan 7th with Amazon US. I haven't tried to login as I have been at work, but will post any info in about 1.5 hours. It says on my account on the forums, I have Head-Start access. Guess I'll see then.
If they did send you a code, it definitely should work.

Don't worry if you can't log in at first, though - the login server's pretty overstressed right now, it generally takes folks a couple attempts to get in.