Lt. Commander
# 1 Email change
10-25-2013, 05:44 AM
So here's the problem. My previous internet provider has deleted my email account. Now with new provider I've recived new mail account. So When I tried to change email adress in my STO account, it says:
"Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your request. In order to perform an email change, you will need to submit a ticket to our Customer Support department:
http://www.perfectworld.com/supportredirect"
So what to do? I have no idea. The problem is, that i cant even login - start the game becouse it requires verification code for my computer. So how to get this code when i don't have previous adress?
Republic Veteran
# 2
10-25-2013, 05:47 AM
Next time get an email address independent of your ISP. I can't help you with the other issue.
Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-25-2013, 05:49 AM
So what can I do now. To use my account? I don't wanna lose any progress and character.
Career Officer
# 4
10-25-2013, 05:53 AM
That sucks, I've had something similar happen in the past.

You're going to have to submit a customer service request explaining the situation, and hope PWE is able to address it soon.
Republic Veteran
# 5
10-25-2013, 05:57 AM
Can't you just submit a support ticket like it says.

Lt. Commander
# 6
10-25-2013, 06:00 AM
Where can I find this "ticket" i never had a problem like this. So I don't know what this ticket is or what does it look like.
Republic Veteran
# 7
10-25-2013, 06:01 AM
http://www.perfectworld.com/supportredirect

Commander
# 8
10-25-2013, 06:01 AM
And that's the result you get when you select No to answer the question "Do you still have access to your current email address"?
Captain
# 9
10-25-2013, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgus1122 View Post
So here's the problem. My previous internet provider has deleted my email account. Now with new provider I've recived new mail account. So When I tried to change email adress in my STO account, it says:
"Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your request. In order to perform an email change, you will need to submit a ticket to our Customer Support department:
http://www.perfectworld.com/supportredirect"
So what to do? I have no idea. The problem is, that i cant even login - start the game becouse it requires verification code for my computer. So how to get this code when i don't have previous adress?
Only thing i can think of you doing is set up a new account under your new email address, get on to the support page, submit a ticket, and under the sub heading "catagory" select "account inquiries" then there is another heading "change email address".

Be sure though to include all relevant info (old email address) and I am pretty sure they can do the email address change for you.

Might take a day or so, and with the weekend upon us might take a little longer.

Hope this helps
Live long and Prosper
Commander
# 10
10-25-2013, 06:08 AM
If STO had a way to list two email addresses (primary and backup) for account information, this sort of thing could be avoided more easily. But....

All of a sudden I get this feeling like you're not being on the up and up with us. You got a new ISP, a new email address AND a new PC all at the same time? Possibly but hot highly probable.

Honestly, these checks and balances are in place to prevent fraud, and your confluence of circumstances sound fishy. And STO would and should treat them that way. If it were that easy to do what you want to do, all of us would have our accounts hacked.