Captain
# 11
10-26-2013, 08:26 AM
Another 2 I thought of: Deep space K7 exterior and interior with Naomi Wildman's office. I could have used those for a current project.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
10-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Updated with K-7.

I'm assuming that Paradise City and the rest Nimbus III are actually all one map, just set up to despawn your away team within the city. That would certainly be an interesting ability for us to have.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forums are like Sanctuary Districts, complete with Gimmes, Ghosts and Dims.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Updated with K-7.

I'm assuming that Paradise City and the rest Nimbus III are actually all one map, just set up to despawn your away team within the city. That would certainly be an interesting ability for us to have.
OT, but along the same thought-line as the quote: I would LOVE to have the ability to move the player to a different spot in the map. Not only for turbolift/transporter story mechanics, but just think of being able to write Q missions where he yanks the player all over the place.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
10-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donperk View Post
OT, but along the same thought-line as the quote: I would LOVE to have the ability to move the player to a different spot in the map. Not only for turbolift/transporter story mechanics, but just think of being able to write Q missions where he yanks the player all over the place.
For what it's worth, Neverwinter has a number of teleporter objects so there's always hope the tech will get ported to STO.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 15
10-28-2013, 01:53 PM
This is way off-topic, but a better title for this thread would be "Master Manifest of Missing Maps". It has added alliterative appeal.
Useful Links for Foundry Writers | STO standalone installer

Quote:
We therefore commit his body to the deep, to be turned into corruption, looking for the resurrection of the body when the stars shall give up their dead.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
10-28-2013, 02:04 PM
I was totally looking for another M word to put in there. I don't know why "manifest" never came to me. I bow to your superior vocabulary.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Captain
# 17
10-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Eh, I used a thesaurus.
Useful Links for Foundry Writers | STO standalone installer

Quote:
We therefore commit his body to the deep, to be turned into corruption, looking for the resurrection of the body when the stars shall give up their dead.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
10-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Updated with Memory Alpha space/interior.
Captain
# 19
10-30-2013, 12:16 PM
What about player ship interiors?
Commander
# 20
10-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Player ship interiors - YES. A few authors have found ingenious ways of doing it anyway (step forward, Patarival with "Black Boxes"! Can anyone tell me what those maps were, please, I could do with them for the one I'm writing?), but it only works in a few situations and rarely perfectly - and of course, any spaceship interior map however generic is obviously wrong if you're playing a Romulan, ruining the atmosphere.

That's a slightly more complicated thing than the other maps requested, of course - i.e. it's not just another map file to add, it'd involve coding a way for what the author did to map to the interior of whatever kind of ship the player is using. Still, that sounds possible to me, off-hand and knowing nothing much about the engine, and it would be a great addition and well worth taking some trouble over.

After all, so many of the best TOS episodes were practically "bottle shows" - you rarely see any actual alien planets, or even space apart from the little linking shots, just the inside of this spaceship, hermetically sealed, 1000000 miles from anywhere, as everyone slowly realises that Something Very Nasty is happening on board...

Last edited by wombat140; 10-30-2013 at 01:26 PM.