Lt. Commander
# 1 Welcome to Close Beta Pt.2
01-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Well..after almost 3 hours of trying to log in i have basically started to give up.
90% of the time i get the words 'Unable to Authenticate' and when it does go though i get the PATCH button freeze up so it never goes to ENGAGE.
30mins i have waited for it to change and nothing.
Why won't the Dev's answer us...???
I tried calling Cryptics Tech Support line...but there not answering the phones.
Theres Nothing in the forums regarding any help from the Dev's.
How many more from the EU are having these problems.
We know theres many Americans on server playing.
Is this gonna be a problem for the future of this game where Americans get first crack at the servers while every other country has to wait...???
So...what the hell is going on...???
Did we pay lot's of money for a game we can't play...???
Do we have to Re-Download the client...???
Give us some answers or start contacting STEAM and D2D to authorize them to start offering refunds...because the support so far is a joke...!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 01:07 PM
It's just headstart congestion with so mnay trying to get ingame.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Yeah because the first day of any game always goes smoothly. Relax a bit and try to remember how many people are trying to do the same thing you are. We aren't even at official launch yet!
Lt. Commander
# 4 down the hill
01-29-2010, 01:30 PM
During OB, Cryptic said that they are installing new hardware, so we will not get this “Server not responding” + 40k ms ping any more.

I guess that the new hardware have not arrived yet , so we shall patiently wait for it to be installed.

You are so lame….it’s a rip off.

All you have to do is to tell us the f u ck ing truth , that’s it, no more ..no less.
But no , you choose to ignore your potential future customers.

That’s not the way to conduct a business, that is your way down the hill.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 01:32 PM
True...but it would be nice if the Dev's would give us some news on whats going on.
So far I've managed to get to the Character create screen...but it then kicks me out and i can't make up a toon.
4 times now...Tell me how thats normal...!!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus69
During OB, Cryptic said that they are installing new hardware, so we will not get this “Server not responding” + 40k ms ping any more.

I guess that the new hardware have not arrived yet , so we shall patiently wait for it to be installed.

You are so lame….it’s a rip off.

All you have to do is to tell us the f u ck ing truth , that’s it, no more ..no less.
But no , you choose to ignore your potential future customers.

That’s not the way to conduct a business, that is your way down the hill.
Did they say anywhere in any news that the new hardware is installed, all ive seen is them saying that new hardware is on the way, not that it has arrived and been installed so not sure if there lying.

I may have missed a post somewhere though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelesUK
Well..after almost 3 hours of trying to log in i have basically started to give up.
90% of the time i get the words 'Unable to Authenticate' and when it does go though i get the PATCH button freeze up so it never goes to ENGAGE.
30mins i have waited for it to change and nothing.
Why won't the Dev's answer us...
<snip prejudiced rant>
Give us some answers or start contacting STEAM and D2D to authorize them to start offering refunds...because the support so far is a joke...!!!
[Emphasis mine]
To begin with, you are "barking up the wrong tree" in may areas. In the end, perhaps your biggest mistake is that your dramatic complaint is in the WRONG FORUM. Look near the top of the page where it shows:
Star Trek Online > Star Trek Online Forums > Feedback > General Gameplay > Welcome to Close[d] Beta Pt.2

When you've finished reading this post, click on the "Star Trek Online Forums" and instead of clicking on Feedback, try clicking on SUPPORT. You might be amazed to discover that that is the proper forum for you. Might I suggest taking a few deep breaths and collecting your thoughts into a more coherent post?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
[Emphasis mine]
To begin with, you are "barking up the wrong tree" in may areas. In the end, perhaps your biggest mistake is that your dramatic complaint is in the WRONG FORUM. Look near the top of the page where it shows:
Star Trek Online > Star Trek Online Forums > Feedback > General Gameplay > Welcome to Close[d] Beta Pt.2

When you've finished reading this post, click on the "Star Trek Online Forums" and instead of clicking on Feedback, try clicking on SUPPORT. You might be amazed to discover that that is the proper forum for you. Might I suggest taking a few deep breaths and collecting your thoughts into a more coherent post?
Wow...i didn't know you are part of the Forum police..!!!
I'm sorry officer...I'll try to do better next time.
If you have spent the last 6 hours trying to get in i think your be a bit ****ed.
And the fact that i can't even get to the login screen would count as a Game Play issue...so General Game play is the correct place to be.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 05:06 PM
I got in right away and am playing and having lots of fun.

Just keep trying kiddo.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelesUK
Wow...i didn't know you are part of the Forum police..!!!
I'm sorry officer...I'll try to do better next time.
If you have spent the last 6 hours trying to get in i think your be a bit ****ed.
And the fact that i can't even get to the login screen would count as a Game Play issue...so General Game play is the correct place to be.
No it wouldn't, as it doesn't have to do with gameplay. It has to do with technical support since you obviously have a problem. But the explanation has already been given -- so many people tried to flood the game precisely at the moment it opened, which bogged the servers down and crashed the whole damn thing for an hour and a half.

On a side note, in any MMO having "too much traffic" is a good problem to have.