Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Character trait, gives +10 to skill yet when I start the game with a character that has this trait, my power levels are still 50/50/50/50. Now when I start a toon without it I have the same power levels.

I see the +10 in the character screen, but does it not give you the power level boosts?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Put one point in engineering warp core skill and you'll see it when you are in a system. My energy levels are 52/52/52/52
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-29-2010, 07:22 PM
I believe it's +10% to your Warp Core Engineering skill.

Not +10 to power levels in general.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Neither of you read the post.

The character trait gives you +10% just like putting in 2 skill levels in the beginning. When you put the actual skill points into the skill you get an instant + to power levels,

HOWEVER the character trait doesn't.

In short:

Character with Warp Theorist gets +10% more in skill (basically starts at rank 2 of the skill) and power levels are:
50/50/50/50

Character withOUT Warp Theorist starts at normal and starts with power levels:
50/50/50/50

Understand now? The character trait is supposed to give you +10 to the skill (which is the EXACT same as spending 200 points in the skill).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-29-2010, 07:39 PM
It isn't exactly free ranks in the skill. Perhaps it should be, but right now it isn't. As Smackumz indicated - I believe you still need points invested in the actual skill.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acyl View Post
It isn't exactly free ranks in the skill. Perhaps it should be, but right now it isn't. As Smackumz indicated - I believe you still need points invested in the actual skill.
If that's true, what is the point of the character trait then? In the profile page it shows +10 when you start. If you get 1 tank of the skill, it says +16.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenithan View Post
If that's true, what is the point of the character trait then? In the profile page it shows +10 when you start. If you get 1 tank of the skill, it says +16.
I have been having the same problem and have also had trouble getting people on here to realize what i mean, I have warp theorist and 2 points in the skill, which is (im doing this by memory cause im at work) +20

When I signed off my power levels read this, I remember cause I spent a half hour and even bought the 2 levels of the skill in order to try to figure out why my effective power level was not changing
weapons 90/90
shields 60/60
engine 25/25
aux. 25/25

so I feel your pain dude, which sucks because the warp core theorist is a major part of my future JT's bio
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenithan View Post
Character trait, gives +10 to skill yet when I start the game with a character that has this trait, my power levels are still 50/50/50/50. Now when I start a toon without it I have the same power levels.

I see the +10 in the character screen, but does it not give you the power level boosts?
Several player skills/traits/abilities seem to not be working quite right. I've noticed this with the Warp Theorist trait, and also that the Tier one Tactical Team skill doesn't actually give a bonus to the Tactical Team I skill.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenithan View Post
If that's true, what is the point of the character trait then? In the profile page it shows +10 when you start. If you get 1 tank of the skill, it says +16.
It still works, you just need to have at least 1 point in Warp Theorist to get the bonus.

You get a bigger bonus overall with Warp Theorist and the Warp Core skill maxed out than you do with just the Warp Core skill. To be honest it's not too big a difference, but it's a difference nonetheless.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oplaid View Post
It still works, you just need to have at least 1 point in Warp Theorist to get the bonus.
oplaid has it. Warp Theorist has been this way for quite awhile.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 PM.