Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
I renamed one of my bridge officers and leveled up their first space power to level 9, but i never noticed until now that i had accidentally typed the wrong name when i edited it. Now when i go back to change it the game says i have to buy a rename from the C-store. It used to be you could do it again for 1000 credits in game, but of course they had to take that out to support their nickle and dimming scheme with the c-store.

Does anyone know of any other way to rename my Bridge officer in game, or will i have to lose those skill points i spent on her, and get a new one just to change the name?

EDIT: Can anyone confirm that you can still buy a Bridge officer re-name in game? The only option it gives me is to buy one from the c-store.

EDIT 2: Offical Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
The tooltip has the wrong text due to a bug. Bridge officer renames do not require a rename token from the C-Store. That tooltip should only be showing if you are trying to rename your character. I have filed a bug on this issue so that it will be fixed in a future update.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 06:40 PM
C-Points is the quick way.
The other way is to earn 3000 merit points.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
C-Points is the quick way.
The other way is to earn 3000 merit points.
So you can still just buy it in game? It doesn't say that anywhere in game, how do you know this? The only option it gives me is to buy it from the c-store.

I don't mind if i need to save up to buy it in game, but i refuse to pay money on top of my monthly subscription just to rename my dam bridge officer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 06:48 PM
I believe they had somebody on Starbase Earth during Beta for changing BO's traits.
Sorry i can't remember any other details.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Yea i saw this too, its SWG all over again. next we will have a stupid card game that will be 2.99 just to get good loot.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Does it really matter this early in the game for you?

What is a few hours of play compared to the days and weeks you will log over the coming months?

Restart now, and your problem is gone.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 07:31 PM
I have a wonderful idea.

Lets all cry about how Cryptic doesn't have the budget to support the server needs for the game.

THEN

Lets all cry about how they're trying to make money.

THEN

Lets all discuss capitalism, microeconomics, and ponder the relationship between subscription/cosmetic costs and purchase orders for new servers.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 07:32 PM
I mean, God forbid we actually have to pay for something these days, and not just get everything for free.

Crazy world.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 07:36 PM
I fail to understand the problem, really. With any of the microtransaction stuff. So long as its never an absolute guarantee to have to purchase new stuff on the C-store constantly (and, y'know, it's not - the game's perfectly playable without the extras provided this way), then whether you CHOOSE to pay out a measly sum of 1-3 for something YOU CHOOSE is that important to you for playing the game is YOUR CHOICE, and YOUR FAULT - not Cryptic's.

Don't want to spend money on Microtransactions on top of a sub? Then don't. Simples.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOak View Post
I fail to understand the problem, really. With any of the microtransaction stuff. So long as its never an absolute guarantee to have to purchase new stuff on the C-store constantly (and, y'know, it's not - the game's perfectly playable without the extras provided this way), then whether you CHOOSE to pay out a measly sum of 1-3 for something YOU CHOOSE is that important to you for playing the game is YOUR CHOICE, and YOUR FAULT - not Cryptic's.

Don't want to spend money on Microtransactions on top of a sub? Then don't. Simples.
Are we soul mates? Please say yes..