Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Cryptic Studios Team
Please leave all comments, feedback, and bugs in this thread for the Solanae Dyson Sphere Adventure Zone!

Solanae Dyson Sphere Adventure Zone:
  • Travel through the Tau Dewa Sector Block to a gate near the Jouret system.
    • Travel through the gate requires a level 50 character.
  • Sphere space is divided into two major zones:
    • Allied Zone
      • Joint Command Operations hold sway here and conduct scientific and military missions to defend their territory and shut down the sphere?s dangerous operations.
    • Contested Zone
      • Allies and Voth battle back and forth for control of strategically important towers which control the sphere's energy distribution network.
  • Each zone is made up of Neighborhoods
    • Each neighborhood has a dedicated mission giver that will grant the player a single thematically appropriate mission
      • These missions are randomly selected from a pool of available missions
    • Throughout the zone are small found missions that will randomly appear and give the player the opportunity to learn, fight, or explore the sphere.
    • Zones also contain a number of events that will randomly appear, prompting everyone in the map to coordinate for a given task
      • Rewards are based on scoreboard participation
  • You will be rewarded with Dyson Marks and Commendations to use with the Dyson Joint Command Reputation.
    • In addition to these rewards, you will also have the chance to find unique short missions, earn exploration accolades, and find rare or very rare duty officers that further tell the story of the sphere, its builders, and their mysterious disappearance.
Captain
# 2
10-25-2013, 06:12 PM
When attempting to turn in the mission 'Allied Zone Daily' it continues to tell me my inventory is full.

It is not.

Also, might just be me but I find the zone to be very difficult to find things to do, aside from blasting Voth ships so I just blasted Voth ships. Others may feel differently.
Captain
# 3
10-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
When attempting to turn in the mission 'Allied Zone Daily' it continues to tell me my inventory is full.
I am also getting this and I thought it was just me getting it lol
Captain
# 4
10-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Have to say, I am loving the Space Zone. Lots of fun. Just a couple of things

1) The massive size of things makes some things hard to locate and find. It would be nice if they were either plottable, like in sector space. Or at least marked on the map, so for instance if you wanted to exit the sphere you could clearly see where the transwarp gate is and get there.

2) are you suppose to get Dyson Joint Commendation For missions in the Adventure Zone. I completed two or three mission in the zone and got Marks but no Commendations.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
10-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
We are aware of this issue, and have already fixed it internally. Thanks for reporting it!
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 6
10-25-2013, 07:30 PM
I found it a little confusing at first, but it's quite fun and I like the back-and-forth with capturing towers to gain buffs.

We keep getting a 'Voth forces approaching' popup, and to report to the Spire Battlezone, but no Voth appear. Immediately after this I also get completely free and un-earned (15) dyson sphere marks. I think this is a bug, as when I first zoned in after the patch there were 3 Voth Citadel ships to destroy around the spire ; this mission text hints to the same. Here is a picture of it happening: http://s24.postimg.org/nrni3e0yc/scr...6_04_35_52.jpg . As you can see it happens immediately after the popup informing us the mission to defend the spire from Voth forces has appeared; I hadn't partook of anything and it happens with some frequency, as you can see by the chatlog. (This screenshot was taken immediately after the following screenshot)

How to get Subcommander Kaol's 'Voth Beach head' mission? Complete all the golden pretzel missions? I can't do the one immediately beneath the central sphere.

Also, we captured all of the towers and gained complete control of the zone, when this happened: http://s16.postimg.org/5zsczakqs/scr...6_04_31_59.jpg (neverending popups)
----

Last edited by brigadooom; 10-25-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-25-2013, 08:12 PM
1) there doesn't seem that many capture points. But those capture points seem clearer to capture then te ground version
2) the wasteland is confusing. I could never really understand what to do. Their are these umbrellas with an objective that I couldn't figure out
3) all pets are very very slow to respond and follow
4) my recluse sure had a hard time climbing up to meet the voth sometimes
5) make mobs harder. My ship can take on a dread with 20 other ships no problem.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
10-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Doing some of the little missions was harder than it should have been. One I just gave up on, at the supply depot. I had to scan the inventory on pallet 1. I tried to, but there was no pallet and it was not marked in the hud, only a small circle on the map.
After spending 10 minutes trying to find it, I just gave up; as did quite a few people who were also in the same boat....

Fed: Eng (Five) Sci (Maelrock) Tac (Shen) Rom/KDF: Sci (Mervek)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Captain
# 9
10-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
Doing some of the little missions was harder than it should have been. One I just gave up on, at the supply depot. I had to scan the inventory on pallet 1. I tried to, but there was no pallet and it was not marked in the hud, only a small circle on the map.
After spending 10 minutes trying to find it, I just gave up; as did quite a few people who were also in the same boat....
I have found this much the same. No problem with the pallets, but then you have to get the Voth Sabotuers. I discovered if you personally do not kill them you do not get credit, but the do not respawn so the mission becomes uncompleteable (I had to redo the mission 3 times before I could complete it).

There really needs to be some identifier or something for where your target is. A nav beacon or something.
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-26-2013, 12:59 AM
I like that space zone,

besides the points already mentioned...

The most dangerous part of the Voth are their warp core explosions, when you are to close.

They hardly move, they sit nice and clustered for scatter volleys and torpedo spreads.

Quality over quantity. So far its just another bunch of hit points that slow you down, nothing more.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.