Captain
# 11
10-26-2013, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
PS. Sorry, couldn't resist - http://i.imgur.com/kChfazG.jpg
lol voth ship inside a voth ship i see what u did there
apparently u can fire on the final core boss thingy at the end at 9km range with no problems at all. sssooo might wanna work with that one lol
Captain
# 12
10-26-2013, 04:10 AM
Only a couple issues I see after 2 runs, first the previously mentioned targeting issues on some of the hardpoints outside as well as the power core.

Second after the power core is destroyed it is not clear where to go, on the first run I headed back the way we came and the rest of the team went through the other door. Of the 4 of us not one made it out. Need some directional markers and probably more time on the escape. On my second run i had a better idea where to run and did get out, but this time we had a full minute to run. On my first run we only have 30 seconds for some reason.

Finally the mark reward for this should be increased, a 48 mark cap, outside of bonus event, is pretty low for a mission that takes 20-30 minutes. Even by Nukara/Romulan standards this is very low, mine trap takes about the same and has a cap of 60 marks outside of bonus event. CCE can be done in under 5 min with a good team, maybe 10 with an average group, and awards 60 marks. Given this the marks on this event should be raised to at least 60, perhaps more given the length.

Otherwise I found it to be a very well done, and rather unique, mission. Was very enjoyable.
Fed Fleet: Kodiak Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20) | KDF Fleet: Imperial Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20)

Last edited by john98837; 10-26-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Career Officer
# 13
10-26-2013, 08:02 AM
The architecture and design seems almost V'Ger.
----
Captain
# 14
10-26-2013, 08:36 AM
I agree with the majority of the other posters here, the mission is great, the tarting on the core s difficult but I have it sorted, it's a wee bit annoying having an enemy completely immune to energy weapons, that renders only one of my weapons effective but still, it had to happen sometime

My only real issue is escaping the ship, there is no help in picking the right direction and not enough time if you ask me
Career Officer
# 15
10-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
My only real issue is escaping the ship, there is no help in picking the right direction and not enough time if you ask me
Head west/left on the map. Your path through the ship is basically a big loop and your exit is the locked door in the very first hangar room which opens after the core is destroyed.
----
Rihannsu
# 16
10-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Very good mission, visually stunning and a nice length. I like how it changes all the time and felt more like a typical dungeon crawl than the usual STO missions.

I enjoyed the puzzles with the different cores in the engineering section. That made it interesting.

The outside could do with a few frigate ships protecting the hardpoints to make that more interesting.

One the final fight, I died at the very last second before the core blew, and when i re spawned i did so outside the ship, which certainly made it much easier to escape already being outside.

Did not get a commendation for plying it on normal? not sure if that was the dying and not doing the full escape or that the reward was not in yet. EDIT - ignore this. I have the commendation on the bugged dyson sphere mission so i cant get anymore and i cant call in that mission.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission

Last edited by captainrevo1; 10-26-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 17
10-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Reminder: current Mark reward amounts are not necessarily final; however, when posting feedback about rewards, make sure to take into account that projects in the Dyson Joint Command Reputation generally require less Marks than other Reputations' projects.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Cryptic Studios Team
# 18
10-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
...however, when posting feedback about rewards, make sure to take into account that projects in the Dyson Joint Command Reputation generally require less Marks than other Reputations' projects.
I'd add to this: Much of the feedback on rewards we've heard so far is that the # of Marks aren't quite up to snuff with the time investment. But I'd remind everyone that, since it's not a timed event, it only takes as long as the players require. How long will this event take to complete in a month from now? Two months? Three? It won't take long to build up proficiency to the point where the payoff is worth as much, or more, than the time invested in completing it. We have to keep this in mind when designating the associated rewards.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Commander
# 19
10-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I'd add to this: Much of the feedback on rewards we've heard so far is that the # of Marks aren't quite up to snuff with the time investment. But I'd remind everyone that, since it's not a timed event, it only takes as long as the players require. How long will this event take to complete in a month from now? Two months? Three? It won't take long to build up proficiency to the point where the payoff is worth as much, or more, than the time invested in completing it. We have to keep this in mind when designating the associated rewards.
The end result remains the same:

Players will engage in content that gives the most rewards, for the least amount of time. Lack of rewards results in less players playing the content. Keep that in mind.
Republic Veteran
# 20
10-26-2013, 01:04 PM
yeah but you only have to do a 35 min mission once to get your rep going for the day.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party