Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Its to be expected, these things happen sadly. This was the case for any number of successful mmo's throughout the years. While yes, it can be annoying and frustraiting, its also not a suprise in the least. Games start out rather shaky for the first few days as things get optomized behind the scenes. A lot of the fixes that will be needed can't be made till there are such high volumes of people on compared to the betas.

So yes, expect to get disconnected every once and a while, or have some issues logging in, at least for the moment. If you feel that its a waste of your money because for a few days things will be shaky, that's up to you, as is the decision to call it quits over that.

If you can tough it out, like everyone else, in no time this will be a long-over-and-done-with example you use to tell someone else about in the future when they freak out over the shaky start of some new mmo.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2010, 08:14 PM
No problems here, games been playing fine. I don't know why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch over connection issues. Its something that has improved from beta day one and keeps improving, don't forget the game truely launches on the 2nd.
Throw them a bone while they scale up the servers.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-29-2010, 08:15 PM
People should relax because it's not even Launch day. This is still pre-launch gameplay, and until that day that it OFFICIALLY launches, you have to expect connection problems while they get things working.

As soon as Feb 2nd comes around, complain all you want, THAT is your right, but they've mentioned before that the Headstart is NOT launch, and therefore can still be construed as a pre-game phase. Think of it this way- When you put in your retail code and not your pre-order/beta code, that's when the game you're playing is meant to be fully playable.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khabok
What's with capitalizing each word? Did you do it for any particular reason?
The forum does that to all-caps posts.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-29-2010, 08:40 PM
time and time again we see this crap at the launch of an mmo what cryptic didnt expect high server loads cmon guys its just not acceptable to launch a game then frustrate PAYING coustomers by not having enough server capacity in anyother realm of consumerism this wouldent be acceptable why is it in mmos and im in the uk and tried to connect from 0 300 to 0 400 and still had issues . pull your fingers out devs ho wait weve got your cash why dont you just stfu and suck it up
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDLAZARUS
time and time again we see this crap at the launch of an mmo what cryptic didnt expect high server loads cmon guys its just not acceptable to launch a game
That's where I stopped.

It isn't in launch yet. If nothing else, the Head Start is designed to iron out the connection issues above all so when the game IS officially launched, it won't have as much problem in this department as it does now.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodiguy View Post
That's where I stopped.

It isn't in launch yet. If nothing else, the Head Start is designed to iron out the connection issues above all so when the game IS officially launched, it won't have as much problem in this department as it does now.
Any other company I could believe that.

But hey, this is Cryptic, the infamous developer of the mess that is Champions Online. It is also the unofficial new Funcom.

There is no way the launch won't be more buggy and unplayable than Headstart. It'll be way worse, guaranteed.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LORDLAZARUS
time and time again we see this crap at the launch of an mmo what cryptic didnt expect high server loads cmon guys its just not acceptable to launch a game then frustrate PAYING coustomers by not having enough server capacity in anyother realm of consumerism this wouldent be acceptable why is it in mmos and im in the uk and tried to connect from 0 300 to 0 400 and still had issues . pull your fingers out devs ho wait weve got your cash why dont you just stfu and suck it up
I have not paid anything yet and won't until they deliver my box. Still managed to get 3 hours game time in with 0 problems. Oh apart from I had to log off to go to work which I blame cryptic for.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Hrm lets see? Did I risk getting a speeding ticket to get online, download then next patch for tonights raid? No. Did i get the patch and have to wait 40mins for the authenticator server to respond on a patch night? No. Did I then finally get past the authenticator server to only be on the "Loading Character" message from my home server? No. Did I finally log onto my main character to only get disconnected and fall through the floor of Dalaran? No. Did I get kicked after lagging out to only get stuck at the authenticator server again? No. Well, seems like alot of No's for me tonight. And oh, btw, if you couldnt figure it out, i'm referring to WoW on a patch night, and quite frankly, a normal night of logging on after they did the 3.3 patch that was almost a month ago.
Your logging on to the first night of head start, let them work through the problems and get the connections and the servers stable and be content with what you got. Seriously, if you know anything about networking, alot of times the connection problems arent with them but with the connection nodes.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-29-2010, 10:25 PM
I got this game and paid for a lifetime membership expecting there would be several issues in the beginning. It's just the way MMO's work. I have no doubt that in a month the major bugs will be worked out. I'm having issues staying connected to the servers as well but it's cool. I'll play something else tonight. Where is my Plants vs Zombies?