Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 12:32 AM
i'm sorry...i was just in game for 4 and a half hours...had one disco and was able to log back on.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 12:41 AM
I've posted all my responses, including this one, while in game and doing various missions or just exploring. Really, it's either just you guys, or the amount of people online was larger than expected, which is perfectly alright since the GAME HASN'T LAUNCHED YET.

As I said before, you can whine and complain all you want when you're actually paying the monthly fee to play. As of this moment? The head start is not part of that fee.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 12:45 AM
I'm little bit disappointed of this headstart.

This isn't anymore beta time, its preorder special gaming time and that means I want something for my money.

Yesterday I created character, game crashed after I played it for 10mins. Then client wanted to start patching for 10GB of data. ok, I went to bed and when I woke up, everything was patched. Now launcher client crashes because it can't patch or connect to patch server or whatever. I'm not really interested in where it crashes anymore because I'm not testing this game anymore, now I would like to enjoy playing the game.

However,, on other mmorpg launcher everything has been totally bs. So this wasn't surprise at all. It's like watching history again painted with another brand.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 12:47 AM
Im surprised so many are having connection issues, ive only been disconnected about three times and one crash over the whole day, maybe its certain ISP's i remember EVE had some epic connection issues last year with certain ISP's i cant remember what he cause was.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksidedunc View Post
This reminds me of another great MMO that had all types of connection problems.....oh wait....NO IT DOESN'T. I've never wanted so badly to donkey-punch someone as I do after spending the last 2 hours of my life trying to connect. I did the Beta and like what I saw, except for the crap connection and server drops. I figured "Hey...it's Beta. It'll be saucetastic come the 29th." Oh really Duncan? Is that what you thought? Well there buddy O' mine.....HERE'S A BIG CAN OF STFU and SUCK IT, Love Cryptic.

Oh, and for all the twerps out there that will look at my *****y little rant and "notify" me "hey dude....maybe you should turn off your firewall er somethin" or better yet "Why don't you go back to playin WoW, loser!" here's a little tip:

I don't play World of Wickedly Incompetent Gamers and I get paid more in 1 hour working for a Pharmaceutical company's IT department then many of you make in a week.....so yea....I know how to make a system work. This isn't a diss on the people that don't make a crapload of money. I just wanted to put it in a way that the softies out there would understand. "What's a Softie?" you ask? Well, a softie is a person who sits his or her chunky butt in their computer chair drooling over the keyboard dreaming of MMO lovin all day and night long whilst sipping on the seventeenth coke in 2 hours.

I wanted to play this game because I like real MMO's and Star Trek........at least there's still hope out there, and it's called Bioware.
hehe how ignorant can you be to call all player of a game stupid... guess you also judge ppl by the color of the skin...
guess your iq is as high as the temp outside
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2010, 03:14 AM
Trolls are trolls. Non beta players and little spoiled brats think they will get there way by complaining. I can't wait for them to rage quit and throw there keyboard through there monitor due to not being able to connect, when oh wait - There was a post by a dev on the login screen about it...
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric9248 View Post
This is pathetic, about an hour ago I was able to play for about 15mins, then i changed areas, and it disconected. Now I can't even get to the char screen. It seems to me that nothing is being done about this like cryptic is thinking *OOOO some people are able to play thats good enough* well guess what....it's not. Cryptic can you fix the game please at least make it so were able to LOG IN and STAY loged in. It's like cryptic has dissapeard and they won't even update us on whats happening. This shows me that in a month or two if you actually get this whole thing fixed, that if a big bug comes up your not gonna do anything about it. I'm begining to think this was a big waste of my money. At least say something like "were looking into it and hopefully it's fixed tomorrow" kinda thing before I bash my computer and regret it afterwerds lol
i didn't have a single discconect last night, duno, maybe it's time to screw that tin can and wire you are using to connect.

anyway, live long and somewhere else.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-30-2010, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksidedunc View Post

I get paid more in 1 hour working for a Pharmaceutical company's IT department then many of you make in a week.....so yea.....
What does this have too do with anything?

Plus everyone on the intraweb is rich didn't you know???:p

Post your Resume and pay check stub or it didn't happen!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-30-2010, 04:22 AM
i had no end of disconnections and it was almost impossible to log back in i got a disconnect at every map change so i went into the options on the launcher and disabled the eu proxy and had no problems after that
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-30-2010, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel_Chekout
I have not paid anything yet and won't until they deliver my box. Still managed to get 3 hours game time in with 0 problems. Oh apart from I had to log off to go to work which I blame cryptic for.
well i had to pay to get the client from d2d .