# 111
01-30-2010, 03:57 AM
who´s there ?
Lt. Commander
# 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxie
I am confused, people are saying that a Saturday morning isn't prime time for EU players? Now let's think about this rationally, most sane normal EU players will have started the headstart at 6pm/7pm in the EU, realistically most of them never got on till 6pm/9pm due to the login server problems, this problem didn't affect most american players due to most of them being at work etc.
Now with an 8pm/9pm start most normal sane people will go to bed at say 11pm/midnight, so lets give them 3 hours play time, in fact lets say 4 hours play time to be generous, then they, like most normal sane people go to bed.
They wake up on Saturday morning at say 8am, do their Saturday morning stuff, ie. shopping general chores, they log into the game hoping for a nice long day of being able to catch up with american players who have had the advantage of 17 hours continued playtime, lets say most people have their stuff done in say 2 or 3 hours.
They log into the game at say 10:45am 11am, thinking " cool I can get caught up a bit here", only to discover that the server is going down for planned maintenance in the next 15 minutes and that they have cleared most of their saturday for nothing.
OMG! Are you spying on me? Thanks to this I've just realised I've turned into a steroetypical middle aged male Excuse me while I go wash my car......
Lt. Commander
# 113
TBH I can see both sides of this debate. Yes it really pees me off when America thinks they are the only country on the planet but whenever the server goes down it's going to affect some users on the globe more than others.

It's only two hours though and at least it was planned so players had some warning and at least admin kept warning with messages too
Lt. Commander
# 114
01-30-2010, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazzaAlpine View Post
OMG! Are you spying on me? Thanks to this I've just realised I've turned into a steroetypical middle aged male Excuse me while I go wash my car......
lol I am also that stereotypical middle aged male, that is me that I based all my assumptions on
Lt. Commander
# 115
01-30-2010, 03:58 AM
Is there going to be a point when you rethink a maintenance at midday on a Saturday?!? In which meeting did the European market become something you didn't want?
Lt. Commander
# 116
01-30-2010, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckutus View Post
who´s there ?
Headstart

(10char minimum in reply is lame)
Lt. Commander
# 117
01-30-2010, 04:00 AM
1/2 way through it!
Lt. Commander
# 118
01-30-2010, 04:00 AM
Going to lunch now, perfect time for a maintenance.
Lt. Commander
# 119
01-30-2010, 04:02 AM
Well.

I've read four pages of comments on this thread so far, and I've lost the will to carry on.

My message is simple

**GIVE THE DEVS A BREAK!!!!!!!**

Because we're on one server it's always going to be a pain for someone around the world, my advice is simple - "build a bridge and get over it".

I'm a drop out of CoX and one of the things that made me drop out was the different EU/US servers - it was a right real pain in the aft sections. I'm pleased to see the Devs learning from the work they did on CoX.

Oh and one more point - if you couldn't see this head-start being hit with "challenges" such as the log-in server, Borg creation, and now this down time then I think your all being a little green. I'll only be suprised if this is the only downtime this weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 120
01-30-2010, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnee323 View Post
Headstart

never played that game in english..:-) better u start
haha.... does that anything if i change my settings to german ? i mean... except the fragmentary translations ?
Closed Thread