Lt. Commander
# 1 Here is the cold truth.
01-29-2010, 07:50 PM
This game is still beta and we prepaid in advance some 6 months for the exclusive right to play in this
beta phase. Those on the monthly sub can cancel the paid beta with no loss, those of us with the Lifetime
subscription are stuck. We paid to play in this continued beta so we may as well. I just need to change
the way I look at this so as to not keep getting annoyed.

From here on out, when someone *itches about the game, I'm going to tell him/her the truth. This game
is still in beta testing and they paid for and agreed to test the product for Cryptic.

Now with that said, I just ask that Cryptic address the myriad of bug reports and work towards making
the game stable enough for a retail release. I won't bother asking for a date as that is like disproving a negative...something that cannot be done anymore than they can give a date this game will be ready for retail.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 07:52 PM
We should start a QQ thread to get stickied.

BTW how much did you pay for your beta OS from MS?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 07:53 PM
I have played STO without any crashes or other problems. only a minor lag, so i am going to tell everyone i know totally the opposite of what you wrote.

Oh and played hours 4, not a single disconnect.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 07:55 PM
this is way better than what beta was if you do not like it quit
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSZenica
This game is still beta and we prepaid in advance some 6 months for the exclusive right to play in this
beta phase. Those on the monthly sub can cancel the paid beta with no loss, those of us with the Lifetime
subscription are stuck. We paid to play in this continued beta so we may as well. I just need to change
the way I look at this so as to not keep getting annoyed.

From here on out, when someone *itches about the game, I'm going to tell him/her the truth. This game
is still in beta testing and they paid for and agreed to test the product for Cryptic.

Now with that said, I just ask that Cryptic address the myriad of bug reports and work towards making
the game stable enough for a retail release. I won't bother asking for a date as that is like disproving a negative...something that cannot be done anymore than they can give a date this game will be ready for retail.
You knew that well before buying the life time sub, the joke is on you.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Here is the Cold Truth
01-29-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this, but anyone noticed that people with USS( insert name here ).( It mite be just me, but I've seen 5 or so accounts with USS in the name), in their name they are normally trolls. I'm starting to think it's the same person, or it could just be me.

oh and my game runs great, you must have a bad internet connection, or a junk computer.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE_LoD View Post
You knew that well before buying the life time sub, the joke is on you.
You know who else is a joke? freebie trolls like you! atleast OP is a paying customer so he has a right to complain.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 07:59 PM
If people would not put such a high level of drama/emotion in their purchases maybe this would not happen. Keep a cool head and see the game get better very soon. The same thing happened in CoH. It was terrible at start but Cryptic got their act together and made it into a very enjoyable experience for 4 years for me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liko
You know who else is a joke? freebie trolls like you! atleast OP is a paying customer so he has a right to complain.
I am not a troll, you cant call me that just because you dont agree with what I say.

Sorry, I dont buy crap just because it has a logo plastered on it. I am here laughing at these threads though... brings joy to my heart.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I'm nit sure if anyone has seen this, but anyone noticed that people with USS( insert name here ). It mite be just me, but I've seen 5 or so accounts with USS in the name, and they are trolls. I'm starting to think it's the same person, or it could just be me.

oh and my game runs great, you must have a bad internet connection, or a junk computer.

Nope, no troll but thanks for playing.

I am half tempted to video the TV and post that on Youtube. That will be all the endorsement the game needs.
Honestly, open beta played 50 fold better and had one quarter of the disconnects. Perhaps your experience is fine, mine isn't. I cannot attest to your experience, only my own. I feel like my character is a broken record, it moves then jerks right back to try and move again only to get jerked right back like it is attached to a rubber band at the ankles, the same thing with the ship.