Lt. Commander
# 1 Release notes:
01-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Everytime I see a patch and come on these forums I check and always see Releae notes: because you guys never post patch notes.

Some of us like to know what we are downloading and what fixes you have done. We don't care how small the change is or even if its just one thing; its nice to be informed.

So please can you guys start posting patch notes everytime you patch?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Personally I'd rahter they spend the time patching then spend the time making long lists about what's being patched more slowly. If it was a major patch, then patch notes are cool. If it's just a bunch of little fixes, then they would be wasting time posting them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Personally I'd rahter they spend the time patching then spend the time making long lists about what's being patched more slowly. If it was a major patch, then patch notes are cool. If it's just a bunch of little fixes, then they would be wasting time posting them.
Usually, atleast in other games ran by crpytic. The community manager finds out what is changes and writes the notes. Trust me... it doesn't slow down game development at all. Its easily something you can do at the end of the day even. MOST mmo do tthis.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 09:00 PM
"The Devs" aren't a monolithic group who are all capable of working on the game code or server and network infrastructure.

They're broken down into the following broad categories:

1. Community people who do customer service and feel good stuff.

2. Web people who deal with the website, forums, etc.

3. Marketing/PR drones

4. Developers who work on the engine, game content, and software

5. Hardware/server people, probably a couple of people specialized in networking hardware as well.

Just because group 4 is doing something doesn't mean that group 1 is going to take time away from group 4.