Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
01-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalsviper75 View Post
Opinion only and you have all right to state it, however spreading it around like that is malicious and only in YOUR point of view. This is a highly illogical thread indeed. ^_-
it's Logical he's mad because he didn't like the game ( and his internet is bad. yea I had the same problems as you on my work's connection, but it went away when I got home, why home 39Mb dwn 4Mb up, work 1Mb T1 so it's connection ) but other people are enjoying themselves and it's killing him, so he must spread hate instead of moving on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
01-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSZenica
It is the logical conclusion for the game play experience I am having. I cannot advertise the game as anything other than unstable as that would run contrary to my experience. I am not a paid fanboy, just the opposite, I am a paid customer.
Yes because everyone who is running game without any problems is a paid fanboy. I love your logics.

There are currently thousands of paid fanboys running around in STO
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
01-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I'm having problems picking Troll of the month, Liko do you think the OP should get it?
I don't think he is a troll, just got a brick in his head instead of a brain.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
01-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liko
Yes because everyone who is running game without any problems is a paid fanboy. I love your logics.
I'm having problems picking Troll of the month, Liko do you think the OP should get it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
01-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liko
I don't think he is a troll, just got a brick in his head instead of a brain.
that's fair, sorry OP you don't win Troll of the month
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
01-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSZenica
This game is still beta and we prepaid in advance some 6 months for the exclusive right to play in this
beta phase. Those on the monthly sub can cancel the paid beta with no loss, those of us with the Lifetime
subscription are stuck. We paid to play in this continued beta so we may as well. I just need to change
the way I look at this so as to not keep getting annoyed.

From here on out, when someone *itches about the game, I'm going to tell him/her the truth. This game
is still in beta testing and they paid for and agreed to test the product for Cryptic.

Now with that said, I just ask that Cryptic address the myriad of bug reports and work towards making
the game stable enough for a retail release. I won't bother asking for a date as that is like disproving a negative...something that cannot be done anymore than they can give a date this game will be ready for retail.

Have fun in WoW, thanks for stopping by, this is why I waited for my own game, you guys should be gone by then.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
01-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liko
I have played STO without any crashes or other problems. only a minor lag, so i am going to tell everyone i know totally the opposite of what you wrote.

Oh and played hours 4, not a single disconnect.
.... Can I borrow your computer? :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
01-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSZenica
It is the logical conclusion for the game play experience I am having. I cannot advertise the game as anything other than unstable as that would run contrary to my experience. I am not a paid fanboy, just the opposite, I am a paid customer.
Perhaps it is 'your' equipment that is not functioning properly. Ever think of that? I'm having no problems what so ever. Every now and then I will get a brief rubberband, but it last only a second or two, and then nothing. To be honest, I expect much more lag on opening the server, and have to say I'm very pleasantly surprise at how well the server is handling things. Already have my toon to LT7, prepping for my Lt. Cmdr Ship.

Sorry that your having a bad time, but if there are so many that are NOT having a problem, perhaps you should look at your system and see if there is something on your side, instead of assuming that it is all Cryptic's fault.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
01-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
it's Logical he's mad because he didn't like the game ( and his internet is bad. yea I had the same problems as you on my work's connection, but it went away when I got home, why home 39Mb dwn 4Mb up, work 1Mb T1 so it's connection ) but other people are enjoying themselves and it's killing him, so he must spread hate instead of moving on.
My internet connection is fine.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/c0d4f96727.jpg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
01-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSZenica
This game is still beta and we prepaid in advance some 6 months for the exclusive right to play in this
beta phase. Those on the monthly sub can cancel the paid beta with no loss, those of us with the Lifetime
subscription are stuck. We paid to play in this continued beta so we may as well. I just need to change
the way I look at this so as to not keep getting annoyed.

From here on out, when someone *itches about the game, I'm going to tell him/her the truth. This game
is still in beta testing and they paid for and agreed to test the product for Cryptic.

Now with that said, I just ask that Cryptic address the myriad of bug reports and work towards making
the game stable enough for a retail release. I won't bother asking for a date as that is like disproving a negative...something that cannot be done anymore than they can give a date this game will be ready for retail.
Here's the thing, I don't understand people like you. Despite the fact it's fairly obvious to most people that this game is still missing huge chunks of stuff and still has various problems you go ahead and pay out for a lifetime subscription?

Quite frankly anyone who has paid for a lifetime subscription and did so despite the fact they weren't 100% over the moon and satisfied with this game will get no sympathy. I just can't comprehend why you would pay the $200+ or whatever it is for a lifetime when it's painstakingly obvious that certain major problems exist. On the other hand, if you purchased a lifetime because you like the game a lot I have no problem. Therefore this isn't a rage about lifers, more a rage about lifers who moan the games not as good as they thought it would be yet they've paid for a life time anyway.

I guess Cryptic will be grateful for the extra money at least, you'll get no sympathy from me though. I mean come one, I have huge reservations about the game at the moment therefore I wont be buying it yet. Maybe you should of thought about this "extended beta" before your forked out the money.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 PM.