Lt. Commander
# 31
01-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSZenica
This game is still beta and we prepaid in advance some 6 months for the exclusive right to play in this
beta phase. Those on the monthly sub can cancel the paid beta with no loss, those of us with the Lifetime
subscription are stuck. We paid to play in this continued beta so we may as well. I just need to change
the way I look at this so as to not keep getting annoyed.

From here on out, when someone *itches about the game, I'm going to tell him/her the truth. This game
is still in beta testing and they paid for and agreed to test the product for Cryptic.

Now with that said, I just ask that Cryptic address the myriad of bug reports and work towards making
the game stable enough for a retail release. I won't bother asking for a date as that is like disproving a negative...something that cannot be done anymore than they can give a date this game will be ready for retail.
Like I said, you are now in the master-beta testing phase.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
ok do you have a lot of computers on you're network? that or it's you're hardware. it has to be on you're side because lots of us are having no problems.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibilicus127 View Post
Here's the thing, I don't understand people like you. Despite the fact it's fairly obvious to most people that this game is still missing huge chunks of stuff and still has various problems you go ahead and pay out for a lifetime subscription?

Quite frankly anyone who has paid for a lifetime subscription and did so despite the fact they weren't 100% over the moon and satisfied with this game will get no sympathy. I just can't comprehend why you would pay the $200+ or whatever it is for a lifetime when it's painstakingly obvious that certain major problems exist. On the other hand, if you purchased a lifetime because you like the game a lot I have no problem. Therefore this isn't a rage about lifers, more a rage about lifers who moan the games not as good as they thought it would be yet they've paid for a life time anyway.

I guess Cryptic will be grateful for the extra money at least, you'll get no sympathy from me though. I mean come one, I have huge reservations about the game at the moment therefore I wont be buying it yet. Maybe you should of thought about this "extended beta" before your forked out the money.
You're correct---I can't refute what you have stated. I was impulsive and was tempted by the bonus.
To my credit, this is my first MMO so I was not prepared for the lack of preparation that went into this game and I didn't completely believe all of the nay sayers although I do now. I remain hopeful it will improve in 6 months to a year.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Hmm. i just logged off after 2 hour playing session and didn't have any problems. I understand if OP is upset but spreading wrong info to others on basis of his own personal experience is wrong.

I feel sorry for you OP but there are better ways to get your complaints across.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
ok do you have a lot of computers on you're network? that or it's you're hardware. it has to be on you're side because lots of us are having no problems.
There are a total of 7 computers, only two are turned on. This one and my wifes but all she does it web surf and check email. This one is the gaming rig.

Intel Core2 Duo Quad @ 2.5GHz
6GB ram
896mb nVidia GTX260OC (with the most current nVidia drivers)
4 1TB drives in RAID for the OS and 8TB for storage

My system is just fine from what I have vs the games requirments.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
Hmm. i just logged off after 2 hour playing session and didn't have any problems. I understand if OP is upset but spreading wrong info to others on basis of his own personal experience is wrong.

I feel sorry for you OP but there are better ways to get your complaints across.
From my perspective, I am not disseminating wrong information. As I have stated, it is accurate
based upon my experience.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Quote:
There are a total of 7 computers, only two are turned on. This one and my wifes but all she does it web surf and check email. This one is the gaming rig.

Intel Core2 Duo Quad @ 2.5GHz
6GB ram
896mb nVidia GTX260OC (with the most current nVidia drivers)
4 1TB drives in RAID for the OS and 8TB for storage

My system is just fine from what I have vs the games requirments.
DSL or Cable

( also if it's a hard line in to the seven computer even if it's turned off there is still a small connection, should be to much to effect the speed, but it mite. )
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Quote:
From my perspective, I am not disseminating wrong information. As I have stated, it is accurate
based upon my experience.
Yes but you are generalising the whole situation. Also your computer is fine, however i am not sure if you are crashing or disconnecting.

i suggest switching off the second PC and try again!
Lt. Commander
# 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
DSL or Cable

( also if it's a hard line in to the seven computer even if it's turned off there is still a small connection, should be to much to effect the speed, but it mite. )
Thank you for being constructive and helping. I have Comcast Cable with a Motorola modem

Only 3 systems are hard wired, this one, the master bedroom computer which is asleep and the garage
system which is turned off. All others are wireless. I forgot to add my iPhone which is connected by wireless.
Lt. Commander
# 40
Funny. I enjoyed beta, and I enjoy this now.
What I would really like are forums with mature discussion over game principles, strategies, etc. Instead of a place for whiners to take a never ending dump.
Go away.