Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Career Officer
I've been away for a while, and now that I'm back I see some shiny bling on the fed side such as the Avenger, vesta etc, not to mention the Romulan ships. I am asking myself; what has happened in that regard on the KDF side? Which is the latest unique KDF ship? The latest ship that the feds didn't get their version of as well?
A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
10-26-2013, 12:19 AM
hmm the 3 pack from 2 years ago from what ive read here

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 3
10-26-2013, 12:26 AM
The newest purely new KDF ships are the Bortasqu (and its Hoh'sus BoP), the Kamarag cruiser, and one could kindasorta argue that the dramatically changed BOFF layout of the Fleet Vor'cha (aka Tor'kaht) makes it fairly unique as well. But yeah not much compared to Odyssey/Regent/Armitage/Vesta/Kumari/Ambassador/Avenger.
Career Officer
# 4
10-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
hmm the 3 pack from 2 years ago from what ive read here
You mean the Bortasqu? The feds got their version, the Odyssey right? In that case, not the unique that I was looking for.

I haven't checked the Kamarag out yet, that could be it.
A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
Empire Veteran
# 5
10-26-2013, 02:09 PM
The Kamarag is basically the KDF version of the Ambassador. A tier 5 version was given out back at the 3rd year anniversary.

Why are all of STO's EPs named 'Steve'?
Empire Veteran
# 6
10-26-2013, 02:41 PM
wow I thought the latest one was the veteran reward raptor ship with the battle cloak that works only like a normal cloak.

It has 4 forward weapons and 3 back ones, has 3 device slots....and 9 console slots(the same as a b'rel)
Crew stations being a commander tactical, lt commander universal, and lietenant science and lietenent engineer with an ensign universal.

750 crew, and a little higher hull then a B'rel, oh and has a .83 shield peanalty as opposed to the .88 on a b'rel.

I thought the bortasque came out a few years ago....as in before they made a veteran ship available for Klingon players....

but I guess I could be wrong.

I was comparing this to a b'rel because I was thinking it might be a better ship....and found it to be inferior.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-26-2013, 08:37 PM
Actually, the newest addition would be 2 new prem bops. At rank 0 and 1.
Captain
# 8
10-26-2013, 09:04 PM
The Nu Bops-the B'rolth and Qaw'Dun-playable at Level 0 and 10.

everything else outside the fleet system is copy/pasta of a Fed ship, but with gimping action applied.

Kamarag: a thinner-skinned Ambassador.
Pe'ghu: a thinner skinned and thinner shielded Chimera
Bortascrew: an Odyssey, with gimped turn rate, less shielding, crap consoles, and a main gun you can't actually use thanks to the turn-rate gimp.

and of course, the "Io'hyU", which is jsut a letter saying "We finished the stats, but we're shelving it to free up resources for space-Barney, the Purple Dinosaur with lazors on his hed!11!"
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

A Festival of Blood and Fire!
Rihannsu
# 9
10-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sechserpackung View Post
Actually, the newest addition would be 2 new prem bops. At rank 0 and 1.
Those are hardly new, they existed on Tribble before F2P. They just got "released" now that KDF don't start at level 20 again.
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-26-2013, 09:18 PM
My Peghu BC works like a regular BC. Have others had theirs work differently?
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P