Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Obviously you guys are able to play the game. Should I really do more work than the $54.00+subscription fee to be able to play the game? Do I need to send e-mails, call tech support? Hell, I didn't buy a puzzle.

Yeah, SOE sucks too. Played SWG for 1.5 years. I guess the lesson is you can treat your customers like crap and still make a buck.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2010, 08:47 PM
ok i admit i am about 1/2 drunk, but this guys rant just made me laugh my ass off and think about this kid in the link...going flat out as hard as he can possibly go THE F*** OFF!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02MV3DD5pFc

Now we know what this kid got SO ****ed off about...F'n Gamestop is ruining EVERYONES lives!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-29-2010, 08:49 PM
4. You know who I trust? Blizzard.
- For reasons too numerous to mention

Thats why I said it. Its in context with his rant. I have nothing against blizzard - I like diablo and will definately buy 3 when it comes out. WoW is Meh! Cartoony, hand-holding 6yo+ drivel.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-29-2010, 08:55 PM
I must really be missing the issue here.

Step 1. Get the Beta Client From FilePlanet
Step 2. Enter your Beta code, given or emailed to you from the Retailer you preordered the game through.
Step 3. Launch the Beta, log in, patch the game
Step 4. Play

What part of this isn't working for you?
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasticus
1. They lead on as if you can download the beta version from any of the pre-order sites.
- I'm not going to search the whole d@mn website to learn that I can only use approximately 4 servers that the game can be purchased through
Or you could have just scrolled down a little on that page and downloaded it directly from Cryptic...
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasticus
1. They lead on as if you can download the beta version from any of the pre-order sites.
- I'm not going to search the whole d@mn website to learn that I can only use approximately 4 servers that the game can be purchased through

2. I ordered it from Gamestop and they don't give me a mother fahking CD-key
- What the mother fahk?
- Don't mislead me
- I bought the game and GameStop makes me buy "download insurance" for like $3.50 and I can't even download the game from them, it says "pending", they go on to tell me that I won't receive my CD-key until Monday because it is supplied by a 3rd party who will e-mail me

3. You know who I blame? The people who gave me the option to purchase the game through GameStop
- Cryptic KNEW I wouldn't have my CD-key in a timely fashion
- Cryptic KNEW I wouldn't actually be able to download the beta from GameStop yesterday
- Cryptic KNEW a lot of bullcrap that I have to suffer from because they wanted to make a buck

4. You know who I trust? Blizzard.
- For reasons too numerous to mention
- Most importantly, they don't trick me like you @$$-holes.
First of all.....

If you pre ordered from gamestop they gave you a beta key to use to get into beta. You use the same key for headstart. Then when you get your retail key you enter that to "upgrade". There were A LOT of websites that you could have downloaded the beta client from long before head start.

Who do you trust ...Blizzard did you say?? LMAO then go back to WOW you moron.....not cryptic's fault you waited until the last minute.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnlplus4
ok i admit i am about 1/2 drunk, but this guys rant just made me laugh my ass off and think about this kid in the link...going flat out as hard as he can possibly go THE F*** OFF!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02MV3DD5pFc

Now we know what this kid got SO ****ed off about...F'n Gamestop is ruining EVERYONES lives!
I'm 100% drunk, I was in my right mind when I went through all the crap I've been through. I just want to play the f___ing game. If you couldn't play the game 36 hours after purchase when you thought you could play after a 4-6 hour dload how would you feel? If I bought a un-assembled particle board desk from Wal-Mart and it took forever to f___ with and wasn't sturdy once I had it put together I would be logical and say "well that's what I get for buying a particle board un-assembled desk from Wal-Mart", I knew this would be a piece of crap and be more stress than fun. But you know what? I knew 3 things when I bought this desk that were right outside the box plain as day 1) Some assembly required 2) It's not real wood 3) It's made in China. Metaphorically, I bought a particle board computer desk made in China from Wal-Mart.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-29-2010, 09:29 PM
are you saying you don't have the beta code? :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-29-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm still not playing.

Message to everyone considering purchasing the game.
-DON'T BUY IT FROM GAMESTOP.

Can anyone recommend somebody to buy the game from that will immediately give you a CD-key? I'm not talking about a 2-hour wait. I mean, click, click, enter credit card, here's your key, go play the game you paid for type of situation.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelissa View Post
Curious, when something goes wrong, why does everyone say 'go back to WoW' or 'good luck in WoW'..Funny, isnt WoW the #1 game atm but yet many look down upon it like its a joke? I admit, I left WoW for various reason but..
I think its related to the fact that WoW gets held up as some sorta holy divine awesomesauce cow that never had any problems and knows how to handle player loads and pvp and looting and skills and server maintenance times and...etc.

Here I think Eve Online gets used as the holy standard of MMOs, which is funny. But people will believe what they want to believe.

Its gotten to the point that even if people don't say it explicitly, everyone assumes they're comparing this game to WoW or Eve.