Lt. Commander
# 21
01-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Wow, I got TWO pre-order keys from GameStop (they tried to give me a third yesterday). Just make sure you READ THE FINE FREAKING PRINT. Go to your local store and ask for the pre-order key (might need to take your receipt showing that you did purchase).
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losobal
I think its related to the fact that WoW gets held up as some sorta holy divine awesomesauce cow that never had any problems and knows how to handle player loads and pvp and looting and skills and server maintenance times and...etc.

Here I think Eve Online gets used as the holy standard of MMOs, which is funny. But people will believe what they want to believe.

Its gotten to the point that even if people don't say it explicitly, everyone assumes they're comparing this game to WoW or Eve.
At least Eve is a sci-fi MMO....lol.....not a "Oh look at me, I have pointy ears and blue hair, and they call me an elf..." fantasy game...:p
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasticus
I'm still not playing.

Message to everyone considering purchasing the game.
-DON'T BUY IT FROM GAMESTOP.

Can anyone recommend somebody to buy the game from that will immediately give you a CD-key? I'm not talking about a 2-hour wait. I mean, click, click, enter credit card, here's your key, go play the game you paid for type of situation.
You're a moron.

I pre-ordered the game through Gamestop. I did indeed get a pre-order key, and I have indeed been able to get into the Headstart. Just like I was able to get into OB. And now I'm just patiently waiting for the retail key to come in a few days.

Sounds like you did something wrong, not anyone else. Otherwise you'd be playing by now.