Lt. Commander
I don't know if there are some really stupid people playing this game or its an attempt to make the server unstable and laggy but increasing the amount of stored date (good luck trying this cause it proves you really stupid as well). But the prices of many of the goods on the exchange are a complete joke, you can purchase whatever is being offered much cheaper from an NPC Vendor. So who in their right mind is going to purchase something from these idiots? All it does is make the Exchange unusable in finding things that are of a decent price.

Cryptic you need to make it so putting things on the exchange costs enough enegery to discourage this use of it. There is no way that anyone can expect their bridge officer to sell for 10,000 energy or provisions (purchasable for 100 energy) to sell for 750. So hows about people thing about the prices they ask and make them reasonable or all you are going is filling the exchange with junk that will never sell.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 07:56 PM
It's day one. folks will be putting up stuff for as high as possible. As time goes by, other folks will undercut them, and so on until prices become reasonable.

I've not really needed to buy anything on there yet anyway. Trusty badges of exploration can get you some pretty nifty gear.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Easily dealt with: Don't buy it!
You're new to MMOs?
Other than that: Try not to type walls of text please!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costello View Post
I don't know if there are some really stupid people playing this game or its an attempt to make the server unstable and laggy but increasing the amount of stored date (good luck trying this cause it proves you really stupid as well). But the prices of many of the goods on the exchange are a complete joke, you can purchase whatever is being offered much cheaper from an NPC Vendor. So who in their right mind is going to purchase something from these idiots? All it does is make the Exchange unusable in finding things that are of a decent price.

Cryptic you need to make it so putting things on the exchange costs enough enegery to discourage this use of it. There is no way that anyone can expect their bridge officer to sell for 10,000 energy or provisions (purchasable for 100 energy) to sell for 750. So hows about people thing about the prices they ask and make them reasonable or all you are going is filling the exchange with junk that will never sell.
Dewd, I'm using the exchange for extra storage space, I don't want people to buy that stuff at a sane price, I might need it later but my warehouse has limited space so I put it on the exchange for obnoxiously high prices.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 08:06 PM
I try to be reasonable. It'll probably take a few days for the economy to really even out. Eventually people are going to realize they're not going to get ANY money if they don't observe supply and demand.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daireishi
Dewd, I'm using the exchange for extra storage space, I don't want people to buy that stuff at a sane price, I might need it later but my warehouse has limited space so I put it on the exchange for obnoxiously high prices.
That's kind of tacky though, no offense. Not your fault. Cryptic needs to expand the inventory or something. Maybe extra inventory slots could be a reward of some kind of something in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasidy
That's kind of tacky though, no offense. Not your fault. Cryptic needs to expand the inventory or something. Maybe extra inventory slots could be a reward of some kind of something in-game.
You get more inventory slots (and bank slots, I think) when you get promoted.

Clearly there needs to either be a limit to how many things you can have for sale on the Exchange, or there needs to be a cost involved. Maybe there is. I've not used it myself.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 08:23 PM
AH storage has been around since WoW classic.

You get 6 more personal inventory slots each time you get a new rank (Lt Comm, Comm, etc)

You can put about 20 items up on the exchnage before you hit your limit.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 09:17 PM
I've already had to make a storage character >.<
Ensign
# 10
05-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Its how mmo auction houses are like, its full of players that don't have a clue on how much something is worth, its like on SWTOR, I have to pay a lot more then I should, because players just do not have the IQ to learn the value of an item.

STO allows me to just buy currency and I just get dilithium via the exchange, if only there was something similar on SWTOR, it would be infinitely better, I mean, I shouldn't have to pay over 10k credits for an item worth no more then 1200cr tops.

I can always hope.