Lt. Commander
just log of with no issues to speak of. a few seconds of server not responding but right back into the action. Really this is better than I expected. Only glitch so far was trying to add colors to my ship. had the energy but it would never save the changes. Very minor issue in my opinion. Overall very impressed. Saturday will be the true test as I am getting the rest of my liffers together and running as a fleet using the same internet connection.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Opposite experience for me...I can't even get the launcher to update ><
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_WHiTE_ZombE
Opposite experience for me...I can't even get the launcher to update ><
Well that sucks. I am beginning to wonder if some ISP are causing issues with this game. I have not had any server issues since day one and I am playing on a laptop that is below system specs and on a wireless internet connection. Sure their could be issues with Cryptic servers but I can't say I have had any issues.

See if disabling your firewall on both your local machine and if your router has one helps. That's the best suggestion I could give you.

Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 08:20 PM
It seemed fine when I was playing the OB. I have not changed my system or configuration since then.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_WHiTE_ZombE
It seemed fine when I was playing the OB. I have not changed my system or configuration since then.
Have you rebooted your system? If not a good reboot can fix a lot of network related issues.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 08:23 PM
I've had the same experience as the OP, few server not responding messages then jumping right back in to the action. Very few DC's, all far between. Got two characters to level 5 already (had to start over once I got my borg) and I've been having a blast playing with my fleet members.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Sounds like conflicts between ISPs and Cryptic to an extent. That or their server bandwidth is somehow misconfigured to not equalize across the board, giving some people more bandwidth access than others when logged in.

I'm just guessing since my knowledge in this area is limited. I may be completely off target.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 08:26 PM
I 100% agree, I haven't played any other MMO really besides WoW, and I could not stop gushing about how smooth this was. No lag whatsoever, rubberbanding occasionally. I haven't seen a patch in wow that can even do that after so many years!

I was also very impressed with all the features that STO has that wow is just now implementing.

Good Job Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 08:27 PM
I've found this to be the smoothest head start I've ever been in. I was also very happy to see visible changes not only to the game but loading times. I am impressed!
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 08:29 PM
I saw a little lag here and there... then again, it could have been my computer. Otherwise I'm really liking how smooth STO has been so far.

Keep up the good work Cryptic.