Lt. Commander
# 21
01-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Besides not being able to get my borg character, I also agree things were pretty smooth.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-29-2010, 08:45 PM
this the only game i ever played where CLOSE-BETA was more stable for me than OPEN-BETA and now HEAD-START. I'm so tired of being DC everytime i'm mid ways thru a mission. Really cryptic you had months to get all these servers for this SHARD of yours in place for the main event. Why is it your servers are barly keeping up and producing rubber-banding, no response, and DCs? Don't kid your self if you think the vast major of folks are going to forgive you once their free 30 days are up.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-29-2010, 08:46 PM
I agree this launch has been EXTREMELY awesomely smooth so far.

+1 Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-29-2010, 08:47 PM
I bought it through steam, and had to download the whole game again, but the download speed was really fast and it only took me 2 hours or so. I had a nap and watched Big Bang Theory.

Before that, I was online and in the game 20 minutes before it was supposed to be opened. I experienced the account server problem, and the liberated borg problem. I was not impressed when I thought I would have to wait until Feb 2 for the borg... but that was sorted out before I got started after steam finished 'updating'. When I got in, the only problem I had was that I rubber banded once during the first diplomacy mission.

Excellent work Cryptic! Thank-you for making this game! I cannot wait to see how this game evolves over time.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starzandstripes View Post
Besides not being able to get my borg character, I also agree things were pretty smooth.
When I first logged in I was expecting that headache but the option was right there as well as my 4 character slots. Seriously I do wish I was having some issues so that I could feel for some of you guys but from the closed beta on, other than my tower overheating which I fixed with a $10 dollar floor fan, I have not had one issue at all. I hope all people can start saying the same.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Borg is still offline for me, and the login server exploded for an hour or so after launch, but the game server and game itself is working well.

This launch was not as good as LOTRO's, but still fairly smooth beginning around 1130a PST. So not bad. Also noticed a lot of bug cleanup while playing, which is also kudos to Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthonaStar
this the only game i ever played where CLOSE-BETA was more stable for me than OPEN-BETA and now HEAD-START. I'm so tired of being DC everytime i'm mid ways thru a mission. Really cryptic you had months to get all these servers for this SHARD of yours in place for the main event. Why is it your servers are barly keeping up and producing rubber-banding, no response, and DCs? Don't kid your self if you think the vast major of folks are going to forgive you once their free 30 days are up.
Hate to do this but:

Cool story bro.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-29-2010, 08:53 PM
I am pretty pleased so far. I had some very minor rubberbanding, and a couple of brief "server not responding" that didn't really stop me. Other than that the game is running very smoothly for me.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Steam deletes my install, 10GB's later new instal done, try to engage, fail.... update for 8GB's starts, ends, and starts a 4.5GB dl. Head start on a 24hr update, thanks.....
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-29-2010, 08:58 PM
I wonder if some the steam users didn't keep the OB updated. I've been patching it every day and I didn't have to download anything close to 80 gigs.