Lt. Commander
I've managed to get to the Fleet Spire Holding location. Here is a few words of advice I have.

1. Raise the damage modifier from the +22.3% that it is right now to something like +25.5% to +28.1%. It would be even better to come out with a Mk X, MkXI and MkXII versions of the Console that effects Mine, Torpedoes, Beam weapons and cannons.
MkX current +22.3%
MkXI: +25.5%
MkXII: +28.1%

2.Keep the +1.6% to Critical Change, +8% to Critical Severity and add Accuracy.

3. Get rid of the individual damage types (Anti-proton, Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma Torpedoes, Quantum Torpedoes, etc.) and just go with the one console for each weapon type (Mine, Torpedo, Beam Weapons, and Cannons).

If you want to players to purchase these items, these adjustments needs to be made. Right now they won't want to replace their MkXI (very rare), MkXII (rare) or MkII (very rare) for these consoles. Why give up a +28.1 or +30% for a measly +22.3%.
Doing the above adjustments should make the Fleet Tactical Consoles more desirable and this will also put them with the same as teh Science and Engineering consoles (MkX, MkXI and MkXII consoles).

As I see other issues I will address them.

Last edited by trwarbuck; 10-26-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-26-2013, 05:32 PM
No!

That's going to not only cause massive power creep that's already inflicting this game, but it's also going to trivialize people's existing tactical consoles. And there are some people people who won't have access to Tier 3 Spire.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
t it's also going to trivialize people's existing tactical consoles.

And there are some people people who won't have access to Tier 3 Spire.
There are some people that don't have access to those same 'trivialized' existing tactical consoles. So should we delete those? Nerf those?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-26-2013, 06:46 PM
You aren't a designer. Who are you to say No!.
Don't really care if those who don't want to join a fleet cannot get these consoles. That is their problem not mine. I'm giving feed back on the new material.
So far from what I have seen it is excellent. But as I said before. The Consoles needs to be tweaked a little to match what has been done with the Science and Engineering consoles (MkX, MkXI and MkXII versions). The damage boost also needs to be redone so they are competitive to the Mk XII consoles. What I listed in the OP is a good and well balanced list. It doesn't over shadow the MkXII (very rare) consoles except for the extra ability.

If you want to have access to the Fleet equipment join a fleet and contribute to its growth so you can earn Fleet Credits. If you don't join or contribute; don't whine that you can't get these items. Everyone has the chance to join and earn Fleet Credits.
Captain
# 5
10-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceeaglex View Post
There are some people that don't have access to those same 'trivialized' existing tactical consoles. So should we delete those? Nerf those?
The only thing out of reach of most of the game is the 12-purple consoles. On the other hand, making a pure power-creep console is a bad idea. There should be strengths and drawbacks. The extra crit bonuses are the strength, the (barely) reduced damage is the drawback.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The only thing out of reach of most of the game is the 12-purple consoles. .
Thats my point. Those consoles are beyond 90% of players. You have to be pretty hard core to go for them.
Whereas fleet consoles are open to new players pretty quickly by contributing simple fleet marks.

Power creep and all that aside, i'm just saying he was being VERY hypocritical.
Career Officer
# 7
10-26-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trwarbuck View Post
You aren't a designer. Who are you to say No!.
Don't really care if those who don't want to join a fleet cannot get these consoles. That is their problem not mine. I'm giving feed back on the new material.
So far from what I have seen it is excellent. But as I said before. The Consoles needs to be tweaked a little to match what has been done with the Science and Engineering consoles (MkX, MkXI and MkXII versions). The damage boost also needs to be redone so they are competitive to the Mk XII consoles. What I listed in the OP is a good and well balanced list. It doesn't over shadow the MkXII (very rare) consoles except for the extra ability.

If you want to have access to the Fleet equipment join a fleet and contribute to its growth so you can earn Fleet Credits. If you don't join or contribute; don't whine that you can't get these items. Everyone has the chance to join and earn Fleet Credits.
First off, he has every right to say "no" just as I'm about to, because you're not a designer either, and just as you have your right to give your opinion, so do we.

Secondly, I agree with him about the power creep. Increasing it to what you say is making all other consoles worthless. The numbers as they are now are at least in line with what other consoles will give. yes the numbers are slightly lower then a non-fleet tactical, but the critical numbers are more then enough to boost it to fleet status.

Also as it stands now, the Sci and Engie consoles were raised in order to keep this from being DPSto online. Raising the tactical consoles up, will simply make even worse the existing problem of DPS > everything else.
Empire Veteran
# 8
10-26-2013, 06:52 PM
There is no need for that. The tac consoles as they are on tribble currently are better, slightly, then the existing consoles. There is no need to change them.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 9
10-26-2013, 06:53 PM
is there even a point in spending dilithium on something that is essentially a MK XI blue console for those that do nothing but PvE, and is underpowered in PvP compared to the purp MK XII ones?
Career Officer
# 10
10-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenicius View Post
is there even a point in spending dilithium on something that is essentially a MK XI blue console for those that do nothing but PvE, and is underpowered in PvP compared to the purp MK XII ones?
PvE... no... but then there is NOTHING in the Rep system you need for ANY PvE in this game. I've done fraggin' Elite STFs with new characters (characters not players) all with vanilla blue level gear and had no problems completing them and the optionals. So lets be honest, you don't need anything for PvE.

PvP... they're not underpowered, they're different. If you're into sustained DPS then I say no, stick with the ones you got. If you're more into spike crit builds, then these consoles are better then, or at least cheaper then, most purple MK XII ones. Now that said, if you already have purple MK XII ones, no don't switch. If you don't, then at least with these you don't have to sell small planets to afford the consoles, like you do now on the exchange.