Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 03:50 AM
The most confusing for me once I saw the Joined Trill trait - was what is the difference between that and efficient.

As far as I can understand it the Trill trait adds it's bonus to the lieutenant TRAINING skills, and it's effects. Which I believe only kicks in once you start putting points into the skill, but that part I couldn't confirm for sure.

The efficient trait adds it's bonus to the commander level EFFICIENCY skills, and it's effects. But I'm really still in the dark as to what those skills actually do, and how they differ from training ones. I didn't get far enough on OB to test them.

I'd therefore add that the skill descriptions could use more clarification too..
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestrus
The most confusing for me once I saw the Joined Trill trait...
Yeah it is way too confusing as it is now. Wish a developer would respons to let us know if we are just stupid or if they are looking into fixing/editing these.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 09:28 PM
I agree with this entire thread. I'd love to know what my character's (and BOffs') traits are. And then of course, knowing what they do always helps. I thought efficiency was great until I realized it's basically only useful for engineers. Does warp core theorist give me 10 more ticks on my ship's power levels?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Ok seems these are listed under the Status/Stats Tab but they don't exactly explain what they are there. Would be nice to see their icon with a tooltip of what they do.

EDIT: These only show up here when you are on the ground. Dumb.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 06:24 PM
So shall I dump these all in as bugs?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 07:07 PM
Im with you all on this, some of the trait descriptions confuse me lol. I didnt play much in OB and wasnt in Closed. so clarification on traits like the accuracy , elusive , etc traits would be handy especially since i havent quite found them in ne menus in game. thinking if i get into playing more ill just make a supplemental log and jot them in there.
Maybe we'll eventually get a handy little trait guide sticky'ed someday

EDIT: edited for my noobness as i just went to double check and did find where they are listed in game.. now im goin back to mass effect 2 before i make a fool of myself again lol
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLmAn0 View Post
EDIT: edited for my noobness as i just went to double check and did find where they are listed in game.. now im goin back to mass effect 2 before i make a fool of myself again lol
You did not make a fool of yourself; I had trouble finding them too as they are not there when you are in your ship... you have to be on foot to see the traits show up in the status/stats section of your character.

This makes you wonder if the traits are even being used in space.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 08:57 PM
ooh really? odd that they dont show up when ur in space o.o
I for the most part just plan on picking my 4 traits based on what seems somewhat fitting for my personal character development and story. Though i would love to get clarification on all of them like elusive, etc. So far im probably picking up efficient, physical strength, sturdy and the health boost one.

Perhaps maybe another helpful thing would be a tooltip on mouseover for stats and specs with brief descriptions.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 10:00 PM
What bothers me is that this happens in almost every MMO I play, MMO devs don't seem to give a **** about providing proper documentation to the players about the decisions they need to make in the game. It isn't that time consuming to have some junior staff member write up an accurate list of powers/skills/whatever.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 07:35 AM
This is on a different tangent but completely related to the overall issue in this thread: the most confusing thing to me in regards to stat descriptions are all the various stat modifiers that show up on the Deflector equipment slot on your ships. You have Deflectors, Deflector Dish, Sensor, Sensor Array, Emitters, and I think one or two other things possible. Until I was fortunate enough to have a new recruit/fleetmate that had run into the same issue and had happened to finally find the answer, I had absolutely no clue just going strictly over the mouseover tooltip popups what these stat modifiers actually affected in terms of real world practice. It turns out that they enhance various Science officer abilities, which you can find at least *some* (but not all) examples of for each stat modifier the item shows it affects if you right click a Deflector item in your possession and then choose 'Info' (unfortunately this only works with the ones in your inventory or mounted on your ship, you can't figure this out on Deflector reward choices). So, there needs to be a clear and concise listing on the mouseover tooltips for these and really *all* items not only giving the stat modifiers but listing *all* abilities that they actually enhance.